• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Anything in Charlotte?

PA31Ho

Total Time
>2500
I'm moving to Charlotte, NC August 12th. Is there anything there I can look at?

Thanks.

mavericks

Total Time
Try Spitfire Aviation at JQF. They have had a couple of pilots leave recently.

Flywrite

Total Time
Try Southeast Airmotive at CLT when you get 135 mins. I dont know too much about them, but I've had a few friends over the years build odme good time there. Last I heard they had a Seneca, Navajo, and King Air.Also try hanging around JQF to get to know some of the race team pilots.

psysicx

Total Time
-----
You said race car teams watch out for the wrath.

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
Overnighting in Charlotte as i type. Seems like a really nice city. lots of hot chicks running around

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
Then turn your computer off dork!! :) go get 'm !

Last edited:

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
My wife has these special powers and would suddenly appear as i took you advice and they she would proceed to kill me. Wedding band = Worlds smallest handcuff. But seriously i should turn it off and go to sleep. Carry on.

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
Haha I hear ya bro! :) well, I guess it's still ok for you to go out there and look.. (no touching ;))

FD

SkyBoy1981

Bring a towel!
Total Time
Bank of America....you might need another 10,000 hours though. :)

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Total Time
Little
I'm moving to Charlotte, NC August 12th. Is there anything there I can look at?
Sure ... my ass. Tell me if that pimple on the left cheek is get'n any bigger?

:D

(Sorry ... the devil made me do it.)

Innywho ... if I lived just a bit closer to CLT/JQF I'd look at Ram Air (has runs outa' Concord), Package Express, Spitfire, and the $h!tload of corporate operators flying Citations and King Airs and Barons outa Concord and CLT. Should be like shooting fish in a barrel if you're persistent and as long as you're not one of those spikey-haired, wrap-around shades-wearing, dude-saying types (the locals don't care for that much).

Good luck ... and save me a seat, will ya?

Minhommad

Last edited:

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Total Time
Little
Hey wait a minute .... aren't you moving to Charlotte for a Piedmont class?

Are you bailing on the regionals already? :D

Minh

PA31Ho

Total Time
>2500
Nope, but I like to keep my options open in case something goes wrong. I just like to know what goes on at the airport I live nearby, that's all.

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Total Time
Little
Oh ... I was wonder'n.

If you get a chance, check out JQF during the weekday morning push. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a King Air or Citation 5XX. Should be lots of openings over a six month period as the young FOs and CFIs move up the food chain. If decide you hate PDT, you could probably scare up something in that general area.

Good luck, and if you get to GSO lemme know. We'll do lunch. (Cheese crackers and a coke, most likely :( )

Minh

PA31Ho

Total Time
>2500
My lease is up here August 17th and you have to give them a 2 month notice otherwise they renew your lease for 9 months. I had to go somewhere so I figured Charlotte was the best decision - Piedmont wise anyway. At least they have like 10 flights a day to every PDT base if worse comes to worse.