Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyother July 12 Colgan Air interviewee's out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What the fu<$, Chperplt -- "toss"ed back in? Oh well, I know what you mean. Checkride went good tonight.

Ifly, correct, I did return to Colgan and I appreciate the fact that I was able to return. I was lucky enough to be in a situation that I could. I didn't burn a bridge, but came very close. Only reason I didn't was because I wanted the vacation pay they owed me to help out with my ill-fated move to the midwest. The reason I say almost is because on my last night flying out of BOS on my first round with them, They (DN) had me do a bullsh!t ferry to HYA because the VCM was inop (MEL-able). My wife was at home trying to pack our rental truck and we were scheduled to leave in the early am. HQ (Manassassss) knew this but didn't care. I almost walked right then and rented a car. Good thing I didn't, but just one of a myriad of examples of their crap.

I didn't return because it wasn't a bad company, I returned because it was the easiest way (and only way at the time) to continue flying, stay in the game, and the pay was just over that of the fry guy. I'm glad I did, it worked, I've advanced. Still, a place to gain good experience doesn't necessarily mean a good place to work!

Moral to the story, for all those that read; if you have the opportunity to NOT burn a bridge, even if its a bridge to Colgan (or the like), take it. You'll never know if you need it.

Last edited:
What the fu<$, Chperplt -- "toss"ed back in?
Sorry man... How about "Placed a highly trained and experienced crewmember back in the cockpit with very little cost to the company."

Congratulations on the checkride!!

the thread seems to be getting civil.

Hey lick my balls assclown!!!!!

assclown / assklaun/ n 1: a funny rectal oriface 2: one who screws others over without the use of lube 3: issues ill advised ferry permits. 4: see regional airlines

Jetblue has those cool names on their planes, we should have them too, any thoughts?

"bleeding anus"
"enema"
"pinnapple enema"

I would honestly agree though that the place has only gotten better since i've been here, people here before me seem to say the same thing. The saab bases actually outnumber the beech bases at this point. A mostly saab airline is probably better then a mostly beech airline. And we would all mostly be in a world of hurt if colgan didn't pick up the tab for the flight benefits at the beginning of the year. Props for that. I would also say that the number of MELs on the beeches seem to be a lot less then a year ago. Things still break, but they also seem to get fixed quicker. I can't speak for the saab. They also seem to be making a better effort to get info out to the employees. (monthly newsletter just came out) Pray for the saab if you are hired on here....and hope everything works out for USairways...all of our planes except 2 are painted in airways colors i believe.

Last edited:
BRA said:
...all of our planes except 2 are painted in airways colors i believe.
And what a paint job that is too... If USAir tanks, Colgan could always start "Evil Kinevil Air".

Wassup BRA!

We are also getting some new engines for a few of our beech 1900's. Anybody with CRj's getting new engines???
Hey BRA,

I hear PSA has pretty new engines on all of their CRJ's. I think the oldest one is 6 months old.

We are also getting some new engines for a few of our beech 1900's. Anybody with CRj's getting new engines???

What BRA fails to realize is that when other airlines have engine problems, they change the engine. When Colgan has engine problems, the DO gets on the phone and yells at the captain for writting it up..

See BRA, you're getting new engines because the old ones stopped running. Ever wonder why you're temping out on take off at 2600 lbs of torque at sea level and 15C? The old engines don't work anymore and Colgan couldn't get the FAA to buy off on the single engine concept.

Speaking of single engine.. I heard someone landed in boston single engine a few weeks ago. Was that to save gas or did it sh!t itself inflight?

Hey there, lick my balls. The hamster was out of water. We MELed it's water bottle nipple thing. We get new stuff all the time...not just engines, we get wing boots, props, generators, radars. Doesn't comair have like a skyline painted on the side of a CRJ? LVS i hear is scheduled to get a portrait of that trailer we pull up to at rockland on the side of it. Top that assclown. One up on you. We are a pretty good company i say. This is the summer of Colgan. And, during the next talks we are looking for great lakes plus 10 percent. I am out.

Bra, little do you know about the SERVICE at that trailer in RKD (or by people that work in that trailer). They could almost post "over 100 served" and that isn't aircraft!!! Ask around, you'll find people who know what I mean.

Latest resources

Back