Anyone work for BMA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

juventus

I am looking for info on Boston Maine Airways from present or former employee ,I would like to know their hiring status for fo and cpt.And any other info would be appreciated (salary ,quality of life,benefits,equipment conditions etc).
Thank you in advance.

I am presently in training at Boston-Maine, they are constantly running classes for both CAs and Fos as they are in need of both. As far as hiring I don't know if they are still looking for people or not. Right now qualitity of life is not that good reported from online 6 on 1 off right now, hopefully that will change when they get me people online. Also they have a 5 year training contract which is obsurd, it starts at 14600 and goes down $700 a month until 18 months and then its fixed at $2000, I guess thats not too bad so just a year and a half and you (if the contract held up in court) left you would only owe $2000. I don't know what else to say, nice people here, just not too many other opportunities out there?! Good Luck

Homer69 said:
Also they have a 5 year training contract which is obsurd, it starts at 14600 and goes down $700 a month until 18 months and then its fixed at $2000, I guess thats not too bad so just a year and a half and you (if the contract held up in court) left you would only owe $2000.

A 5 year training contract?? Juventus, run away - run away! That's a big RED FLAG.

Last edited:
Gulp!

I agree with Richard. Five years is absurd. What else do they want, your soul? Is the $2K ever forgiven at some point, or will the net result mean you end up paying them the $2K or they stick something mean on your credit report.

If the case is the latter, that means you-know-what.

What if I am qualified in a J31,would they ask for a taining contract?
Let me know somenthing,I have documented jetstream training from Bae system and Flightsafety.
Thanks to everybody for their advice!!
P.S.: It is sad but in Europe 5 years training contract is considered normal policy.

You appear to be well-qualified. Even if you are Space Shuttle qualified and they fly Space Shuttles, they'd still demand the training contract. They probably demand it of everyone.

Keep looking. There are other Jetstream operators around besides this outfit. Your quals will give you an advantage, but won't lock up the job(s) for you.

Try Captain McNicol at www.fcilax.com for leads.

Latest resources

Back