Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone tired of RJ v mainline arguments?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

macdaddy

Got my "Pilots United with America" mailer yesterday. More on guns in cockpit and smartcards. Tired of ALPA HQ going on about those subjects.

Tired of reading arguments on this forum back and forth about RJ defense, scope etc.

How about some agreement and common ground.

Woerth and ALPA HQ are missing the boat.

Chances are slim that Al-Qaeda or any other terrorist organization will ever accomplish anything close to 9-11. The biggest problem since 9-11 is ECONOMICS AND NET PAY LOSS for airline pilots.

Management is cramming down our throats the loss of higher paying jobs. Regionals are not the enemy per se. Management is. What coordinated effort to reduce the erosion is ALPA going to do???

What is the solution? When is ALPA going to "unite all pilots in america" and collectively respond to management?? All that seems to be happening is division.

How do you propose we unite them?

I personally don't get tired of the arguements, as they seem to cover different ground recently. Of course, if you don't like them, nobody is requiring you to read them. Just simply change the channel.

Seems like you rehash the same stuff over and over while taking "clever" potshots at each other.

Whipsaw will continue and management will not unite seniority lists or merge companies unless:

1. It is in their economic interest.

2. We somehow force them to do it.

When will our professional association (union is a bad word) do something to make these things even a remote possibility?

Where is the grass roots effort? When is some organization going to take place?

Surely somebody out there is concerned about the good of the profession as a whole, and not just sniping back and forth.

Backstabbing between pilots is just what AMR, UAL, Delta and USAir management want.

Stop it.

Last edited:
macdaddy said:
Seems like you rehash the same stuff over and over while taking "clever" potshots at each other.

Whipsaw will continue and anagement will not unite seniority lists or merge companies unless:

1. It is in their economic interest

When will our professional association (union is a bad word) do something to make these things even a remote possibility?

Surely somebody out there is concerned about the good of the profession as a whole, and not just sniping back and forth.

Backstabbing is just what AMR, UAL, Delta and USAir want.

Stop it.

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

macdaddy said:

Whipsaw will continue and management will not unite seniority lists or merge companies unless:

1. It is in their economic interest.

Backstabbing between pilots is just what AMR, UAL, Delta and USAir management want.

Stop it.

Why do you guys copy what someone else just posted, and then make no comment? I'm sure we can all scroll up if we forgot the previous post.

The grass-roots organization you ask about is called the RJDC. This is the only group willing to take the ridicule and difficulty people like you are providing, to try and make a change for the better. If you have a better idea, I am willing to hear it.

skydiverdriver said:
The grass-roots organization you ask about is called the RJDC. This is the only group willing to take the ridicule and difficulty people like you are providing, to try and make a change for the better. If you have a better idea, I am willing to hear it.

Abolishment of scope, and bankrupty of ALPA is somehow better???

This question is rhetorical and requires no reply.

MetroSheriff said:

Abolishment of scope, and bankrupty of ALPA is somehow better???

This question is rhetorical and requires no reply.

In that neither the abolishment of scope nor the bankruptcy of the ALPA are objectives of the litigation, it appears you got lost in the documentation, in the debate or both.

Thus, your response is rhetorical and without substance.

Unlock your mind and open it to a review of the issues. Perhaps litigation is not the best option. If that is your belief, offer a different option that you believe is superior. It is not necessary to misrepresent the purpose of the litigation in order to voice your disagreement with litigation as a remedy.

The issues are there and require a solution. If you (or anyone else) has an idea that in your opinion is superior to litigation, present it.

I respectfully submit that agruing against the litigation itself, while leaving the real issues unresolved will not change anything. When and equitable solution to the issues is offered, the litigation will vanish. Otherwise, the courts will rule on the merits of the issues.

Perhaps you believe that there ARE no problems. If that is the case we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
surplus1 said:

In that neither the abolishment of scope nor the bankruptcy of the ALPA are objectives of the litigation, it appears you got lost in the confusion.

How do you explain $100,000,000 being asked for in your lawsuit?

Can you please elaborate? Maybe I've read the wrong lawsuit.

Freight Dog,

I will respond to your post and question in one of the other threads where you are active.

I really don't want to get too involved in this thread by reapeating the same arguments here. Sorry.

Fly safe.

Latest resources

Back