• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Hey guys-

I am looking at a job in Boston..

However, I am a small town kinda guy and do no wish to live in Boston, nor do I think I could do it on Regional pay.. :)

Anyway, I'm looking for somewhere maybe an hour to 2 hours outside of Boston and just drive in for work..

I'd love to be able to drive about an hour and hop on a train and ride it in, but not sure if that is possible..

Anyone have any city reccomendations I could check out?

Thanks

Jeff

Come to Maine, it's only 105 miles from Portland to Boston. Amtrak operates out of Portland and will get you to Boston in about 2.5 hours. It's definitley a 4 season state.
It's a beautiful state with lots of outdoorsy things to do. It sucks if you are looking for a nightlife though.

Can you get a "season pass" on Amtrak?

Does Amtrak have crazy hours? Like if I got off a trip at like 10pm, would I be hosed trying to get home?

Tram,

If you want to go north of the city, you could try southern NH or along the Maine coast somewhere. I'd think going all the way up to Portland, although a great city is a bit extreme. You could live outside Portsmouth, NH and drive to the Newburyport train station for a commuter rail train ride into Boston. That would be about 15-30 minute drive with a 55-60 minute train ride. Then the green line train to the blue line train to the airport. Another 25-30 minutes. Try http://www.mbta.com. Copy and paste if link doesn't work.

If you're going to work for AE, they do have employee parking in Chelsea with a busride to the terminal. Maybe an hour drive from that southern NH/Maine border area.

Mr. I.

Last edited:
They are setting up shop in Portsmouth, NH (KPSM) too. I'm considering their job fair later this week.

Latest resources

Back