• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone landed at KAUS today 12-18-08

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, I guess the torch of the old crustys has been passed. Seriously, you guys need to relax on the reply button.

I was there about 1 pm today, there was a thick fog, down to minimums rvr on 17L, it was pretty interesting..anyone there?

We landed at noon. I can't believe that you didn't ask for the right side.The right side was beautiful. You must be English!!!!!

Last edited:
Actually, I was there, but as a passenger. I was airlining back from FLL to LAS on a free SWA Rapid Rewards ticket after a week on the beach with a connection in AUS. The connecting flight on 12/17 was cancelled because LAS was closed due to snow. I got stuck in a hotel in AUS for the night and rebooked on the 9:35am flight to LAS on 12/18.
When I got to the airport the morning of 12/18, ADDS was reporting 1/8 sm vis and 001VV. DFW, DAL, SAT, IAH, HOU, and MFE were all reporting about the same.
I didn't think our airplane would make it in, but sure enough, about 10 minutes before departure time, the B737 came taxiing up to the gate. We departed only 30 minutes late. Way to go SWA.

Last edited:
lol!
this is pretty funny- but it does lend credence to what i've been saying for years. It's not that flying is all that easy- we just spend our lives doing it and have seen most of it-
Everytime i hear some pilot say the job is easy-usually as they are saying we don't deserve more money- i stop them- we do things many times throughout a month that would make most men crap themselves.
Approaches are fun and a challenge we handle all the time. I'll never take for granted what we get to see day in and day out. It's special

Actually, I was there, but as a passenger. I was airlining back from FLL to LAS on a free SWA Rapid Rewards ticket after a week on the beach with a connection in AUS. The connecting flight on 12/17 was cancelled because LAS was closed due to snow. I got stuck in a hotel in AUS for the night and rebooked on the 9:35am flight to LAS on 12/18.
When I got to the airport the morning of 12/18, ADDS was reporting 1/8 sm vis and 001VV. DFW, DAL, SAT, IAH, HOU, and MFE were all reporting about the same.
I didn't think our airplane would make it in, but sure enough, about 10 minutes before departure time, the B737 came taxiing up to the gate. We departed only 30 minutes late. Way to go SWA.

Now that was the deets!

CLT was that way most of the early part of this week.

It seems that place runs smoother when the clouds come a lower. VFR conditions and OH NO!!

Latest resources

Back