Anyone landed at KAUS today 12-18-08

Fernando

Total Time
I was there about 1 pm today, there was a thick fog, down to minimums rvr on 17L, it was pretty interesting..anyone there?

PeanuckleCRJ

Hurrrrrrrr
Total Time
mucho
Deets! We need more deets!

Baze

Kama'aina
Total Time
11000+
Any good-looking JetBlue female FOs around KAUS yesterday?

I was there about 1 pm today, there was a thick fog, down to minimums rvr on 17L, it was pretty interesting..anyone there?

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Dang man, did ya have to do a go-around to? Divert?

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
Total Time
18K+
I remember when I was awed about an approach to minimums.....yeah...those were the days in that old skyhawk.

135fr8r

Total Time
6000+
I think what he's saying was "he was approached by some mens".

ron burgundy

Total Time
12000+
I landed one time and it was RAINING! Talk about a white knuckle approach. I read somewhere about when some crazy ba$tard landed while it was SNOWING.

Last edited:

F/O

Smells like....
Total Time
Write an article about your approach down to minimums and send it into Flying.....just so we can all learn from your experience...

Green Banana

Request Direct Honolulu..
Wow, I guess the torch of the old crustys has been passed. Seriously, you guys need to relax on the reply button.

FADEC

Total Time
9000 +
We landed at noon. I can't believe that you didn't ask for the right side.The right side was beautiful. You must be English!!!!!

Last edited:

Daytonaflyer

Total Time
Actually, I was there, but as a passenger. I was airlining back from FLL to LAS on a free SWA Rapid Rewards ticket after a week on the beach with a connection in AUS. The connecting flight on 12/17 was cancelled because LAS was closed due to snow. I got stuck in a hotel in AUS for the night and rebooked on the 9:35am flight to LAS on 12/18.
When I got to the airport the morning of 12/18, ADDS was reporting 1/8 sm vis and 001VV. DFW, DAL, SAT, IAH, HOU, and MFE were all reporting about the same.
I didn't think our airplane would make it in, but sure enough, about 10 minutes before departure time, the B737 came taxiing up to the gate. We departed only 30 minutes late. Way to go SWA.

Last edited:

waveflyer

Total Time
lol!
this is pretty funny- but it does lend credence to what i've been saying for years. It's not that flying is all that easy- we just spend our lives doing it and have seen most of it-
Everytime i hear some pilot say the job is easy-usually as they are saying we don't deserve more money- i stop them- we do things many times throughout a month that would make most men crap themselves.
Approaches are fun and a challenge we handle all the time. I'll never take for granted what we get to see day in and day out. It's special

PeanuckleCRJ

Hurrrrrrrr
Total Time
mucho
Actually, I was there, but as a passenger. I was airlining back from FLL to LAS on a free SWA Rapid Rewards ticket after a week on the beach with a connection in AUS. The connecting flight on 12/17 was cancelled because LAS was closed due to snow. I got stuck in a hotel in AUS for the night and rebooked on the 9:35am flight to LAS on 12/18.
When I got to the airport the morning of 12/18, ADDS was reporting 1/8 sm vis and 001VV. DFW, DAL, SAT, IAH, HOU, and MFE were all reporting about the same.
I didn't think our airplane would make it in, but sure enough, about 10 minutes before departure time, the B737 came taxiing up to the gate. We departed only 30 minutes late. Way to go SWA.
Now that was the deets!

buxflyr

Total Time
CLT was that way most of the early part of this week.

It seems that place runs smoother when the clouds come a lower. VFR conditions and OH NO!!