Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know the mystery number you call to "list" yourself on ATA jumpseat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
All the gate agents ask you if you have a "reservation" but none of them know the phone number to call. Go figure. Anyone?

Just a reminder, pilots of any airline are NOT compelled to list for an ATA jump seat. In fact now that I think of it, you really aren't supposed to list for the jump seat - that's just for ATA and C8 pilots. I do know that some folks get listed beforehand.

Now, if you want to try to get on the agents' good side, you can attempt to list using the number provided by 350 above. Just don't get freaked if the res agent won't do it for you. I would plan to get to the gate at least 45 minutes before departure if you haven't listed, though. Within 20 minutes of scheduled departure our agents get pretty hinky about creating PNR listings for anyone.

We had a SWA dude call our ops in MDW from the air one Saturday night and ask if our flight was still at the gate . I overheard the call and asked what time his flight was due in, he said they would be there five minutes before our scheduled departure time. Since we usually push five to ten minutes before sched, I said we would wait as long as possible, but wouldn't couldn't be late for him (friggin' ACARS). With three minutes to go before departure I saw him dragging his bags across the ramp at a full tilt run. I had already told the agent what was going on, met him by the jetway door and had the cabin door shut with 30 seconds to spare when the Captain popped the brakes. None of this would have been possible if he hadn't listed himself and got a jump seat pass the day before when he went through MDW. Such is the relationship we have with the SWA Guys and Gals.

NJ,
That's funny because the last time I was at the gate, the agent told me I "definitely need a reservation" (even though she had no clue as to the number to call) after conferring with her supervisor. I told her that I used to work for Chicago Express and never needed one then. She then said that ATA and Chicago Express are the only ones that don't need a reservation...WTFO? Then again, after dealing with ATA gate agents for 5 years, I am not surprised. Thanks for the info. Thanks for the number 350.

You will need to list... I made the mistake twice due to time constraints and the agent sure brought it to my attention.

3 5 0

capt. megadeth said:
NJ,
That's funny because the last time I was at the gate, the agent told me I "definitely need a reservation" (even though she had no clue as to the number to call) after conferring with her supervisor. I told her that I used to work for Chicago Express and never needed one then. She then said that ATA and Chicago Express are the only ones that don't need a reservation...WTFO? Then again, after dealing with ATA gate agents for 5 years, I am not surprised. Thanks for the info. Thanks for the number 350.
Fuk me. I'll forward this thread to our jump seat chairman. Offline pilots are NOT required to list for an ATA jump seat. Our agents get about 30 seconds of training on this, then are bombarded by memos generated by supervisors with a hard on for pilots that revise policies that are governed by our ALPA contract.

If you have any information as to the date, flight and possibly the name of the agent you dealt with (your identity will never be disclosed, so don't worry about retribution) our JS Committee can straighten out the offending party (and start working to straighten out the dozens of other clueless agents out there). You can email this info to me at: [email protected]

It's common courtesy to list before trying to non-rev. Are you required to do so? No. Does it make the CSA's job easier and hence result in a better experience for you? Yes. If you know what you're doing it only takes a few seconds to create a record, so I really don't understand the big to-do over listing, but if it helps move things along, take a minute to list in advance if you have time. If not, politely explain that to the agent and they should have no problem getting you on the flight as long as you're not walking up at the absolute last second -- it is a part of their job, after all. As is true of many things at ATA, the company could certainly clarify the policy and ease the process for all involved.

joe

The folks at the non-rev line and the gate should really coordinate with this. I've called about four times trying to list for the jumpseat, only to be told "we don't list, that's handled at the gate." Then at the gate, I get the once over from the agent for not having a reservation. Can't ever win. In FLL one time the agents almost didn't let myself and an ATA L-1011 FE jumpseat since we didn't have reservations. 1 hr + to departure and three of them were refusing to build a reservation. Ridiculous.

BTW, if you accidentally dial 1-800 instead of 1-866 for the LIST-ATA number, you might get sent the Book of Mormon. So dial carefully.

Latest resources

Back