Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know how JFK/LGA made out in storm?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
None of the News has covered the airports from the few short bursts I've watched.
I haven't had any communication/email regarding the condition of JFK yet from work (jetblue). I'm guessing the condition will be evaluated most of today before an assessment is made.

It'll be a bitch if we don't have lighting....day ops only.

We are planning on ferrying ships all over the place tomorrow to get into position for ops tomorrow. I hope the NE is spared any T-storms over the next several days so we can all get things back up to normal speed.

Just saw a crawl which said NY area airports will remain closed until Monday afternoon at the earliest.

I was wondering about EWR myself.. Started my paring on Friday afternoon, hard to get any info in S. America..

But I did get a good laugh in the employee F-lot parking. I parked my car in the very highest part of the lot I could find. While I was waiting on the bus, a flight attendant pull in to the lot and parked right on top of the storm drain. In a very nice Mercedes. When she walked up to the bus stop I suggested she move her car over to where I was parked. She very bitchily said, "WHAT, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT". Never mind and have a nice day. Hope she has good insurance..

I was wondering about EWR myself.. Started my paring on Friday afternoon, hard to get any info in S. America..

But I did get a good laugh in the employee F-lot parking. I parked my car in the very highest part of the lot I could find. While I was waiting on the bus, a flight attendant pull in to the lot and parked right on top of the storm drain. In a very nice Mercedes. When she walked up to the bus stop I suggested she move her car over to where I was parked. She very bitchily said, "WHAT, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT". Never mind and have a nice day. Hope she has good insurance..

EWR looks like they'll reopen at the same time as JFK and LGA - noon eastern.

As for the FA, you can't fix stupid.

Governor Christie just announced that EWR is open Monday 6AM for arrivals and noon for departures.

United Continental Holdings, Inc. has added a news release to its Investor Relations website.

Title: United and Continental to Resume Flights at Noon Monday at New York Airports

Date(s): 28-Aug-2011 7:54 PM

Last edited:
"Water breeching the deck"?

Good afternoon. Thanks for your participation on the ATCC Call this afternoon. Here is the latest situation report (SITREP) over-view from the FAA for your planning purposes....

LGA
· Airport Status - Notamed closed except Prior Permission.. Water breeching the deck, expect possible flooding issues.
· ATC Status - Tower open with minimum staffing. Admin phones out of
service. Employees access issues due to road flooding.

“Boys, forget the whale
Look on over yonder
Cut the engines
Change the sail
Haul on the bowline”
We sang that melody
Like all tough sailors do
When they are far away at sea.

JFK
· Airport Status - Notamed closed for arrivals. Open for departures.
· ATC Status - Tower open with full staffing on evening shift
· VOR out of service

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back