• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone interview at Mesaba recently?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Recently as of May 2005. Whadda need to know?

Any gouge would be appreciated!

I interviewed on Wednesday, February 14th-Valentine's Day, and it turned out very good for me. Got the job offer this week. I started writing down my interview experience during my flight breaks, but still didn't have enough time to finish and post it. I wanted it to be thorough and not just print few lines that says: "...just like the previous postings."

Hang in there...I should have it posted by Monday, but if you have any questions, PM me and I'd help as much as I could because the previous postings helped me too.

Shaheen

Make sure to submit your info at aviationinterviews.com . Its a great interview gouge site and its free. Big help when I got hired.

I got the call last week also, but the lady said that they don't know when exactly new hires would be going to ground school. Which allows some time to maks a decision. Does anyone know if they pay perdiem during training, or just guarentee? How are the travel bennifits, do they start day one? -Dash

Good luck with getting hired / interviewing.

Make sure you get the Training Contract thing straightened out. When we got furloughed they tried to tell us that if we got called back and we still fell within the year from completed IOE that we would be responsible to pay the remaining part of the contract. Which is absolutely insane.

Furthermore, the guys that had a furlough date and wanted to leave before that date would still be held to a training contract. With this speculation of scope clause, ect, ect. It may be worth looking into. No flame or whatever but just giving advice. No contract have been enforced but now that Mesaba is owned by that dirty company who knows what they will actually try and pull.

I got the call last week also, but the lady said that they don't know when exactly new hires would be going to ground school. Which allows some time to maks a decision. Does anyone know if they pay perdiem during training, or just guarentee? How are the travel bennifits, do they start day one? -Dash

(As of May 2005) No perdiem, just the 75 hour guarantee. Single occupancy hotel unless you are in the counties right around MSP. Travel bennies SUCK! Worst in the industry.

(As of May 2005) No perdiem, just the 75 hour guarantee. Single occupancy hotel unless you are in the counties right around MSP. Travel bennies SUCK! Worst in the industry.

What are they like? I thought we had some of the worst at CAL/XJT.

Travel bennies start on day 1 of ground school. New hires have a single occupancy hotel room, and recieve 75 hr/mnth guarantee pay. Longevity starts on day one. I don't know how the travel bennies compare with other companies'.

There has never been per diem for new hires. Just the 75 hour guarantee + your own hotel room. ID on day 1 for jumpseating and nonreving. Have fun! Great travel bennies if you use them.

Latest resources

Back