Anyone in the FedEx hiring pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Poolies,

I know you'd rather be at training than in the pool, but there were several of us (T38dude, me, and some other guys) that were in exactly the same boat at the end of 2001.

The good news is if you are in a Jan/Feb class, and the hiring continues as it did in 2002, you likely won't be on reserve too long. I had only one month of R-days, and I ended up dropping most of them to get recurrent with my ANG unit (after a 2 month layoff for 727 school). The guy in the LAST class this year will be off IOE just in time for reserve, peak season, deicing procedures, etc. So...just hang tough, and we'll see you in the spring! You aren't on the payroll, but then again nobody is moving past you in seniority numbers, either.

Also--ACP said in a newsletter next upgrade bit likely won't happen until after new year, so chances are you will either have a chance to bid or at the least have some vacancies above you on the 727 as people move up.

Good luck--far better to be in the pool in these times than waiting on an interview!

Albie and others...

I agree with all your words regarding hiring and training...meaning when there are no training classes, no one is moving in front of you.

...however... no one has seemed to mention that dreaded word, "activation". Of course... I am in the Air Force Reserves, and have been watching the news - hoping new activations don't come my way before what was to be a training date for me sometime in October. From what I'm hearing here, that obviously isn't going to happen.

I'm still absolutely delighted to get picked up and floating in a pool at FedEx. But if an activation comes before new classes begin, there will definately be many people moving along in front of guys like me.

That's the price of playing in the Reserves...I know... and I'm not looking for any sympathy. Just widening the outlook and stakes out there.

Hoping for the best for everyone out there,

Kav

Latest resources

Back