• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone in Cabo this weekend?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is some great fishing there. My last trip down there, I landed a 150-lb striped marlin. What was even better was that there were 2 of us on a panga boat, and we each landed one. It cost around $120/per person. It was well worth the money.

When you get to your hotel, go to the activity desk and ask about fishing with Tomas. He runs a fleet of panga boats in San Jose Del Cabo.

Also, ATV's are fun.

Lots of fun stuff to do in Cabo.

Which hotels do you recommend? I have a trip down there over Christmas and the Westin, Sheraton and Hilton are all sold out.

Check out Villa La Estancia. Heard people seem to like this place.

I stayed at Grand Baja and Royal Solaris. Neither were 5-star, but they were nowhere near the bottom either.

I stayed at Royal Solaris last time, and it was all-inclusive. The drink selection could be better. The food is OK as I didn't get the Montezuma's Revenge after eating there. Gotta make reservations to eat at the restaurants - and you should probably do it in the morning to make sure you have a seat, otherwise, it's the all-inclusive burgers, pizza, hot dogs, sandwiches, etc. The pool was one of the best features of this hotel.

Overall, not too bad... stayed there 4 nights.

http://www.royalsolariscabo.com/

Have fun down there!

FlyFlyFly said:
Well? If not, what, oh what is there to do?
Places to eat in Cabo; The Office, original trailor park, mi casa and the shrimp factory(for lunch) are all good. Fishing is great, you can't go wrong chartering a boat for the day. Hit the standards at night; el squid row, giglin marlin, etc...Last time I went to Wabo there was there was too many 60 something americans and canadians dancing to a bad 80's cover band, but if that does it for ya Cabo Wabo's OK. Have fun. Cabo's like San Diego, just hotter, drier and with more americans.

Snorkling was good, ATV is dusty. There are some great taco stands, especially the fish tacos. La Estancia is nice. If the boss is flipping the bill for activities, tons of things to do. Save some money and don't get a handler(not needed), and take the money you saved and have a great time.

psysicx said:
Get disentary ..... most people think that you get sick drinking the water ...

If you go in the water make sure that you are north of town. Waste water treatment is not a high point. Be careful there. The Sea of Cortez and the Pacific come together there and can creat some killer surf!

As far as hotels, I always recommend the Fienesterra for 1st timers. Right in town on the beach. I would give it a 3-4 star rating, provided that you are in a Polapa <sp> room.

We stay at the Hilton, or Crowne Plaza in San Jose. Both are very nice. Yeah its a bit of a drive, but its a lot quieter. If you want to go to town, hop in your car and drive 20min. We used to use a limo service for crews, but discovered that renting a car (full coverage insurance)alows more freedom, and costs a lot less.

Latest resources

Back