• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone heard from NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PHANTOM'S PHOREVER! p.s. NWA close to deal for doing the NBA charters again. A-319's for use. Would be keeping 8-10 of them for the charter business. Anyone heard more on this? Been on vacation and out of the loop.

We had heard that over here at Champion as well. And it may definitely have some validity as I just received my "Base Closure Notice" from Champion management. Yep, DTW is no longer a base for Champion effective October 1st...

October is going to be a quiet month around DTW. First Spirit, now Champion.

Oh crap, does THAT suck...

Are they going to downsize the fleet or just move them all to another base?

It was an inside joke................. :rolleyes:

But if you must.....

the only real airplanes out there are
  • B737
  • F-15
  • F-16
  • F-22A
Anyone who flies anything else is subpar....

Rezzie - so astute of you...actually the only real airplanes are B737, F-15, F-16, F-22A - but only with cookies next to ya when you fly 'em. :crying:

Rezzie - so astute of you...actually the only real airplanes are B737, F-15, F-16, F-22A - but only with cookies next to ya when you fly 'em. :crying:

CrapDog (aka Mr. Fighter Pilot)

I could never fly those jets... I'd hurl those cookies into my nomex glove....

I'm sure you look better in a zoom suit too....

Rezfully yours....

CrapDog (aka Mr. Fighter Pilot)

I could never fly those jets... I'd hurl those cookies into my nomex glove....

I'm sure you look better in a zoom suit too....

Rezfully yours....

Ahh, so now we're degrading ourselves down to "crap" dog. You sound very much like a complete child, aka Pocono Pilot. Rez, I gave you so much credit...I guess I take it back.

I don't analyze myself in a flight suit, so I couldn't tell ya. I guess that's what you meant by "zoom" suit. But I do wear it to work, because that's the uniform that is required for the job.

Should I get the chocolate chip, or oatmeal? You're certainly the afficianado there! You know, after I put away my "zoom" suit and get myself to my other job. That always ensures the jumpseat...I forgot where I heard that, but it is certainly sage advice. I highly recommend it!!!:smash:

Oh crap, does THAT suck...

Are they going to downsize the fleet or just move them all to another base?

Well, for the time being, they are just distributing all of the DTW pilots throughout the rest of the bases. I'm sure there will be a bunch of downgrades, and such. The CEO stated that we lost a bunch of MLT flying and rumor mill has it that NW has about sealed the deal with the NBA. Kinda tough when that encompasses about 80-90 percent of our flying. But he mentioned new aircraft to keep competitive, blah, blah, blah. :puke:

Too bad that should have happened years ago when our customers first started complaining. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb pilot.

But for the time being, there are plenty of us who have just been turned into vagabonds while it appears the company is simply turning the screws to us during our never ending negotiations.

Jeez... I feel for you.

That's exactly how the 727 operator I worked for ended up shutting down, starting back in early 2001 with FedEx taking over the USPS contract.

Good luck, guys & gals!

I have always wondered where the A330 base is for all of that Asian flying? Are those guys DTW, MSP, or SEA based? Do pilots fly 12 day trips to NRT and then do hub and spoke from there? How about the 757s from NRT to Guangzhou etc? Are they senior trips? Thanks.

Most of the Asia 330 flying is out of SEA. Trips are anywhere from 6-14 if over the end of the month. And yes once over in NRT they hub and spoke. Don't know how UAL does it but once you get to NRT you are fair game to be used like a reserve with resked. I don't know about the330 but I hear the 747200 gets resked like crazy. DTW gets a little now, however once MSP opens in DEC my guess is DTW will just be Europe with MSP doing some Pacific via HNL and Europe. 757 guys dh over then fly around 10-12 days then dh back. Very good deal for west coast commuters. JS over from the west coast work about 10 days or so, then JS home never going to Minnehopelis.

I have always wondered where the A330 base is for all of that Asian flying? Are those guys DTW, MSP, or SEA based? Do pilots fly 12 day trips to NRT and then do hub and spoke from there? How about the 757s from NRT to Guangzhou etc? Are they senior trips? Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back