Anyone heard from NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SLFLYHI

I put my app in when the window opened and got the auto-response email saying I might be contacted in the future....anyone get a call for an interview yet? You'd think with all the negative press lately about pilot shortages causing cancellations they'd be calling just about everyone that applied....

T2S

I put my app in when the window opened and got the auto-response email saying I might be contacted in the future....anyone get a call for an interview yet? You'd think with all the negative press lately about pilot shortages causing cancellations they'd be calling just about everyone that applied....

T2S

They have over 1000 apps in the first 7 days.

T2S

You're kidding.

I wouldn't hold my breath... I'm banking that it'll be the solid 30-45 days before I hear anything back from them...

So, this would really be applications for Compass interviews when newhires eventually get furloughed as fleet numbers decrease - right?

So, this would really be applications for Compass interviews when newhires eventually get furloughed as fleet numbers decrease - right?

Some have been predicting this is the case. I reallly don't see it happening as NWA is very short on pilots now, attrition at 30+ per month, and new wide bodies coming online. Unless there's a 9/11 style industry downturn, I'd bet serious $$$ there won't be furloughs at NWA. I'm not claiming it's the place to be, at least not today. I am confident, however, new hires will not be flushed to Compass.

Schwanker

NWA is going to be busy training all the guys the recalled. As I understand it, all have been offered recall and can no longer bypass. The training center is going to be pretty full retraining all those guys (some of them were furloughed from the B727, so they need a full pilot initial on whatever they are returning to, probably the DC-9)

Has anyone checked their submittal status on the website?
Does it say "Under Review" or something different?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back