anyone heard from AWAC interview yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
masedogg19 said:
Ticket was in the neighborhood of $800. Now we don't have to pay anything. But that $800 is added to my taxable income. So if she flew a lot then it could be a problem because I would be taxed a lot more.

Well I believe that 10% of the highest coach fare is added to your income as imputed income. That means you pay about 30% tax on about 10% of the fare. (24 dollars in tax for this example)

Changing your tax bracket doesn't actually change the tax you pay on every dollar, just those extra dollars. In the tax code it says you pay (random number example) 10% on the first 5,000, 15% on the next 5,000, 20% on the next 5,000. But the first 5,000 you earned is still taxed at just 10%.

Ok....I think that I get it now....I thought that the entire fare was added as imputed income.....10% sounds a little better.

Called staff traveling for the possible stand-by space to ATW for the up coming interview, some how they told me I can only non-rev on AWAC, and MKE is this only closest city I can get to. My question is do you AWAC guys and gals have the company benefit to non-rev on main line US airways, American West, or other US airways express carriers (such as PSA, Piedmont, Chautauqua, TSA, or Mesa……)? Personally I am not a big fan of jump seating, with my current bad shaped airline I prefer not to pull out my badge and medical to bother the pilots and the FA if I don’t have to. Thanks guys!

I had to rent a car in MKE and drive up to the interview because I didn't want to risk being stuck at ORD, like others who I was supposed to interview with had happen. Trying to jumpseat on Skyway from MKE also might be an option for ya.

ubpilot said:
Called staff traveling for the possible stand-by space to ATW for the up coming interview, some how they told me I can only non-rev on AWAC, and MKE is this only closest city I can get to. My question is do you AWAC guys and gals have the company benefit to non-rev on main line US airways, American West, or other US airways express carriers (such as PSA, Piedmont, Chautauqua, TSA, or Mesa……)? Personally I am not a big fan of jump seating, with my current bad shaped airline I prefer not to pull out my badge and medical to bother the pilots and the FA if I don’t have to. Thanks guys!

You might be able to try MSN as well, not sure how far from ATW though. Yes, to your question about non-rev on the Us Airways system

Anyone that interviewed on the 8th or 9th hear anything yet? I know that it usually takes a week or so. From what I understand we are the very last to interview until late March or early April. I guess that means if we are hired then we will be put in a pool for a while. Good luck to all.

Bad News. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, especially this one. I am in ground school at AWAC. I saw an email where hiring will stop. The last class is Feb 20th. Then after that, maybe in May. They claim attrition has slowed down quite a bit, and there's no plans for growth anytime soon. Trust me, I am NOT joking about this!! I wanted the hiring to continue so I could have more people below me on the seniority list. But for now, it may not happen. This came from the BA146 fleet manager, Pat Doyle, who has alot of say so in the hiring of pilots. Also in his email, many future interviews are being postponed and delayed. Now remember, this is the airline industry and things are subject to change. If attrition picks up, or there's growth, then of course they'll need to re-vamp the hiring. I still saved a copy of the email to prove this is NOT a joke.

Sorry to hear about your interview saviboy, They offered me the 8, 9, 14,15, 16, 21, 22, 23 for interview dates. I took the 9th, and I guess im glad that I did. They seemed like they still needed alot of pilots at the interview, but I guess things can change really quick. They told us that they were definately doing a march 6 class and possibly a March 20 class. Now it sounds like only a Feb 20 class. They told us it will probably be a week or so before they let us know anything, but the Feb 20 class was pretty much filled. They only interviewed about 13 or 14 pilots total between the 8th and the 9th. I guess if any of us get hired we will be in a pool, and right now I think thats a big if. Thanks for the info Drill Sgt. Dad, I definately believe you. I wish I could help you out and be below you. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back