• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

anyone heard from AWAC interview yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats Mav204 on your class! Welcome to the AWAC.

Good-luck to the others interviewing!
-Night_Flight-

Do you guys use thrust revereser right after touch down? Do you guys still fly into JFK? Can you guys still fly none rev on United (I am not talking about jumpseating)?

We crack them open and use them full only if necessary.

Not sure about JFK....maybe.

Non-rev on United only for a little bit longer but I think it runs out in Feb.

Can you guys non-rev on US airways and US airways express withou paying money? I know express jet, pinnical, and eagle you have to pay $12 for non-reving everytime. How ever, delta connections you don't have to pay, and once again, I am not talking about jumpseat privilege.

ubpilot said:
Do you guys use thrust revereser right after touch down? Do you guys still fly into JFK? Can you guys still fly none rev on United (I am not talking about jumpseating)?

Like mentioned, we do still arm the reversers after touch down and use full reverse under certain situations per our company manuals (short or contaminated runways, etc...), or when we feel we need them.

We still do a few JFK flights for us that are still IAD based.

-Night_Flight-

Interviewed Jan 11th...called Jan 24th with great news. Was told by Sara that they normally don't go that long. Furloughees have been there priority. See you Feb. 20th!

ubpilot said:
Can you guys non-rev on US airways and US airways express withou paying money? I know express jet, pinnical, and eagle you have to pay $12 for non-reving everytime. How ever, delta connections you don't have to pay, and once again, I am not talking about jumpseat privilege.

It's free for you and your spouse or registered guest. Parents pay a segment fee. Mine recently had to pay about $60 each for a trip to Florida. It's the fee plus taxes.

The registered guest thing is pretty nice if you're not married. I put my girlfriend on there. The only thing is that the cost of the ticket (remember it's still free) is added to your income so it can take you up a tax bracket or 2 if they fly a lot. Example: my GF went down to florida last year. It was the only trip she took. Ticket was in the neighborhood of $800. Now we don't have to pay anything. But that $800 is added to my taxable income. So if she flew a lot then it could be a problem because I would be taxed a lot more. Hope this helps and makes sense.

Good luck to all you interviewees.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back