Anyone hear from Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time

As previous posters have pointed out: what you can log as total time and what you can claim as flight time are two different things.

Dual given on a PCATD in your kitchen counts as pilot time but not as flight time. You can actually apply "pilot time" towards fulfilling the atp minimums.

Skywest seems to have a pretty liberal definition of instrument time and it seems you can count dual received in a simulator towards the 100 hours...

That still doesn't make it turbine time.

Andy, correct me if I'm wrong here...

Cheers
George

I sent an on line resume/application on the Sky West web site about two weeks ago and haven't heard from them yet. How long does it take for them to contact people after sending the on line App?

I sent an on line resume/application on the Sky West web site about two weeks ago and haven't heard from them yet. How long does it take for them to contact people after sending the on line App?

I've had an online resume with them on file for about 15 months now, and haven't heard a word from them.

Every once in a while i'll get an email from them saying they received my online resume, etc, etc.

Mr. Freeze,
According to their open house last spring, they won't contact anyone "off of the street" until all of the attendees are interviewed.

However, there have been rumors of guys "off of the steet" getting calls within the past couple of weeks.

I for one attendend the open house, but have not been called yet.

I sent in an online app on 8/28/02 and received a call to schedule an interview 2 hours later. I have never attended an interview road show. This has also happened to several friends of mine.

Kirby

I was called to interview in Oct. Haven’t been to any road shows or taken any tests before, actually I put in my application 11 months ago. Go figure?
The interviews on aviationinterviews.com are old (march 02) so if any one out there has some insight I would be forever grateful

Andy-- Is this true, that SkyWest is interviewing people that did not attend the employee referral fair? We were told specifically during those fairs that this would not happen. What policy has changed? And, why? I hope you can clear up this confusion for me. Thank you.

I can't believe that people are getting interviews that didn't attend the fairs. I spent like $600 between the airfare, hotel, and rental car. I was under the impression that only the people that attended the fairs would be interviewed. Just goes to show you that nothing in this business is for sure. Always have a back up plan and be ready to adapt. Hopefully, someday I'll still get a shot at SkyWest. Best wishes to everyone in the aviation industry. Tighten up your seatbelt it's going to be a rough ride.

Latest resources

Back