Anyone hear from Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hosed COEX said:
I interviewed last week (didn't get the job) with 40 hours turbine time, all in a level D simulator (I had 2200TT and 400 ME)

Can you legally count time in a sim as turbine time? Not throwing stones just an honest question.

Last edited:
NO...Sim time no matter how suffisticated is not "flight" time.

To anyone on the interview board, that would be a huge red flag.

Really!?

I'm confused, a Flight Safety instructor gave me six hours in the Brasilia and counted that towards my total time.

thanks

I believe that you can count all simulator time toward total time but not as "flight time", but I could be wrong.

Anybody else have any info on SkyWest? I attended the PDX job fair and passed the writtens. Still hoping and praying for an interview. My total time is a little low with 1250 but I'm current 121 with 200+ hours turbine. Any info on how they score the resume would be appreciated.

The debate about logging simulator time is a tough one. My time was in a full-motion, level D simulator with visuals. It is the highest level of certification a simulator can get, in fact high enough that you can do a full part 121 training program and checkride without ever even getting in the aircraft. I understand it counts towards total time. I think the key thing is be honest that your hours are simulator (which is reflected in the time grid on most applications) so you don't look like you're trying to cover anything up.

There is a big difference between what you "can" do, and what you "should" do. If you log you sim time (level d included) as tt or turbine time, most 121 ops will laugh at you. Log it as sim time and sim time only would be my suggestion.

I agree with you Chperplt, keep sim time out of the TT column. It's valuable experience and can be highlighted on the resume, but if somebody says they have XX hrs turbine time I'm sure the assumption would be made that it's in the airplane. It's still a simulator and not the real thing.

Latest resources

Back