Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone have an online WSJ subscription so we can hear the pax whine?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A couple years ago I had an 8 hour IND overnight due to a WX reroute. The next morning while I was cutting in line, some businessman started harassing me. I told him I was sorry for cutting but I had to preflight the airplane. This prick proceeded to tell me that I should have gotten up earlier! He then followed me to the gate and continued with his BS. I asked him who he was riding on, and he told me (not my flight). I went and found a cop, and he had to spend the next 15 minutes trying to explain why he was harassing a crewmember. I guess he had to kiss his A boarding pass goodbye.

A couple years ago I had an 8 hour IND overnight due to a WX reroute. The next morning while I was cutting in line, some businessman started harassing me. I told him I was sorry for cutting but I had to preflight the airplane. This prick proceeded to tell me that I should have gotten up earlier! He then followed me to the gate and continued with his BS. I asked him who he was riding on, and he told me (not my flight). I went and found a cop, and he had to spend the next 15 minutes trying to explain why he was harassing a crewmember. I guess he had to kiss his A boarding pass goodbye.

One thing to say when hassled is "well, did you know the TSA doesn't even require me to go through this security line? My airline has me go through because they think it will make you feel safer to see me go through the line. Strange, eh?"

I agree with everyone here. I'm a subscriber so I get to see all of the articles this guy writes. He recently penned another beauty about "Loser Holiday Flights to Avoid" or some such nonsense. If he ever dug an inch deep into any of these issues he would see that the real culprit in many of these issues is the good old government. Why are flights chronically late to some cities? The airlines incompetence (popular answer) or could it be ATC (real answer)? Not to slam our ATC bro's, but why didn't we get around to doing all those system updates while travel was down following 9-11. Now we are back to the same traffic levels, and the same crappy performance of the atc system.

And about us having to stand in line to get to work, what is the big deal? We shouldn't even be there save for the lack of nuts at TSA. Our being "rigorously" screened in public is designed to make people feel better, but they are "miffed" that we "cut" in line. Miffiness is so overrated as far as emotions go.

Anyone want to bet whether Mr. Hughes has a preferential parking space at his employer?

He has 5 million miles though. The only people that are bigger business travelers than that are.......................FLIGHT CREWS!!!!

What a d!ck.

PIPE

So, subsidizing the cost of his ticket with our pay cuts isn't enough; now he wants us to stand in line too? A$$hole.

Latest resources

Back