• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone Going To Air, Inc. This Weekend?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Waste of time and money. Go get a part time job working for Brown or Purple over Xmas. That will get you more than paying to be one of 400 folks asking the same stupid questions and giving the same 20 second intro.

unless of course, you don't know anyone well enough who is in position enough to walk your resume and a recommendation into the right people so that you actually get an interview....

i paid my money. i went to every convention possible. i got both my airline jobs and my 737 type rating scholarship by attending these "wastes of time". there are many many stories out there, just like mine.

so. what are you gonna do?

I've been to two and have been hired as a result of both.

Cattle Call...Yes
Get a Job...Yes

My advice. Don't let yourself be cattle. Don't stand in the 3 hour line to talk to the folks that are only there to give out information. Try to look for that gem in the rough. People who stand in the JetBlue line 3 or more times just to "show they really want the job" should shoot themselves for being pathetic.

Over all a good experiance. Kit Darby does get his money though.:pimp:

Anyone been hired by FedEx through the Air, Inc conference? I know it's best to have a sponsor, but they have stopped the grip and grin for now.

rip off!!! save you money. I went to one in Nov 03, stood in long lines just to put my resume at the bottom of the pile. Didnt get one call from the conference. I did send out a few resumes to different companies at the same time and landed a job flying right seat on a 747.

I know people who have gone. Everyone of them landed a "Regional" job, but have never heard of anyone getting hired at a major as a result. Although one guy got a call from Southwest.....just that, a call.

Captain Overs said:
I know people who have gone. Everyone of them landed a "Regional" job, but have never heard of anyone getting hired at a major as a result. Although one guy got a call from Southwest.....just that, a call.

Airtran hires (or brings in for interviews) many from these things. They ARE a major according to the DOT.

Much comes down to who you are looking to get hired with. Airtran? Go. Fedex? save your money and time. Delta, NWA, United, US Air, American? Oh yeah... they're not hiring.

I'm going

I will be there this weekend at the USA Jet display. A Jet Blue pilot stated here that his hire was a direct result of face to face at an Air Inc Conference.

Last edited:
XRMEFLYER said:
Airtran hires (or brings in for interviews) many from these things. They ARE a major according to the DOT.

Much comes down to who you are looking to get hired with. Airtran? Go. Fedex? save your money and time. Delta, NWA, United, US Air, American? Oh yeah... they're not hiring.

So FedEx doesn't hire many from these things?

747Rubani said:
rip off!!! save you money. I went to one in Nov 03, stood in long lines just to put my resume at the bottom of the pile. Didnt get one call from the conference. I did send out a few resumes to different companies at the same time and landed a job flying right seat on a 747.

I believe hiring now is better then it was in NOV 03. The conference is more worth it now in my opinion. In nov 03 hiring was real bad i think.

Latest resources

Back