Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone get the NJA interview e-mail this week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
swampfan said:
I have a friend who just got the same email. I have another friend who got an email saying thanks but no thanks to even interview. So, I think yours was better than that, but who knows when they'll have dates for you.

Good Luck!
They seem to have some kind of currency requirement/hours in the last 12 or 24 mos. But it's not published(that I know of), and I have no idea what it is.

It seems they separate applications into three piles... the "Preferred”, “if no one else shows” and “when the cows come home”.
You have to wonder how many apps they get on a daily basis & how many they schedule for interview each week?? I have a feeling there is a good backlog.
If anybody else wants to post date-of-mailing-the-app & date-of-interview-email & anything else (maybe recent class dates offered?), please feel obliged to post them here J

timeline so far

Emailed resume on January 9.
Received application on January 14.
Sent application back on January 18.
Received "approved for interview" email on January 30.
Waiting rather impatiently for an interview date.

Anyone else?

Similar Timeline

Looks like everyone has similar dates......

Emailed resume: Dec 13
Received application: Dec 23
Mailed app: Jan 9
Rec'd the "we have your app, and will contact you for a future interview date" email from Derinda: Feb 2.

My personal belief is that Derinda and company are swamped with applications from everyone across the board.....Indy folks, major airline pilots, regional pilots, other fractional pilots, and anyone else that meets the mins.

If you got the email from Derinda stating that they will contact you for a future interview, I'm sure that it will happen......it's just a matter of when.

Patience grasshoppers.

I just sent in my application two days ago. Anyone have any idea what the recency mins are? Does getting the application mean you have an interview if you filled out the application correctly?

Still waiting on the app...sent the email two weeks ago, got the standard reply. I meet or beat all the quals... *shrugs*

Eric

Recency mins is news to me. I have not seen anything anywhere about being current or even flown xxx amount of hours in past 12/24 months. Today I got the email stating the same..."Your application was accepted....we will contact YOU when selected for an interview..." I am kind of frustrated right now, are they that backed up? I just talked to a guy who went to the DFW AirInc dog and pony show and Netjets said if you send in your app in the next few weeks you will have a March interview. Does that mean all of us who's applications "have been accepted" are just awaiting a interview date? I thought Netjets did hiring on a first come first serve basis. Is that true? My bet is (only hope at least) that they are super backed up right now with the hiring of Indy guys and everthing. I sent in application on Jan 13, they recieved it Jan 17, today I got the email, I was expecting a totally different email. I guess that is the problem, I am let down. Good luck all.

Generally, if they send you an app they are interested in you. Unless you put something unexpected in it, you should get the interview. Be patient.

Buddro - remember that NetJets just interviewed a lot of Indy pilots. That's going to put a lot of people into an already full training pipeline.

Just be patient. If you've got your app in and they're interested, you'll get contacted for the interview. And remember, there's still about 4 weeks until the beginning of March.

Those interviewing now are getting April class dates and it is taking 3 working days to get the call if you are hired. Things are VERY backed up now. Be patient and good things will come. The last thing I would do is bug HR via emails or phonecalls. Some of you have other offers and that makes things even harder - but don't shoot yourself in foot by bugging NJ HR. They work harder than any other HR dept I have seen and they seem to really want everyone they interview.

Good Luck to all!!!!

Baja.

Latest resources

Back