• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone get a SWA call this weekend?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Normally it takes up to a week to get all the calls out. I do understand that they interviewed less in December than a normal month, but I don't beleive that they did all the calls in one day. JMHO

I talked to a guy I know in the company. List was with the chief pilots on Thursday. Calls actually started Thursday evening through Friday. Near as anyone can tell Dallas and Orlando have not called and the rest may not have finished. Keep the hope! I got hired on the second try. I have lived both sides. Good luck!!!!

Hopeful

Interviewed Dec.15th. (2nd time around)
Two references called.
No call yet; still waiting.
Hopefully I'm on the Dallas Chief pilots list.
I heard they did not get the list until Friday afternoon. Calls should start on Monday.
Finger crossed & impatiently pacing the floor

Interviewed Dec.15th. (2nd time around)
Two references called.
No call yet; still waiting.
Hopefully I'm on the Dallas Chief pilots list.
I heard they did not get the list until Friday afternoon. Calls should start on Monday.
Finger crossed & impatiently pacing the floor

hey brother...how long was your wait till you 2nd interview?

good luck to ya...

Swa

First interview was in 1999. In 2000 landed a dream job in my home town for a local oil corporation. I flown for them for the past 6-7 years. It has been perfect for the family. Anyway my company was bought out by another company out of Houston; about 6 months ago. (KMG was a 75 year old oil & gas company that had an aviation department for almost 60 years; it doesn't get anymore stable than that.) And I'm not really wanting to move the family to Houston.
I reapplied about a six months ago because I had been told it took about a year to get a call if you had the type and updated a few times. I wanted to time it so that I would be finishing school about the time I got an interview. They called me in about 3 months or so. Timing seems to be working out just alittle quicker than I had anticipated, which is fine by me.
I began this career back in the early 90's hoping to one day work for SWA. But after being shot down the first time I figured I needed a bit more qualifications. SWA is really where I wanted to be. So I went back to finish my bachelors and concentrate on jet PIC. Since '99 I have added a degree and three more types to the resume along with a few thousand hours of jet PIC. I knew that getting the interview was the main thing and I didn't want to waste it.
Back when I interviewed the first time you had to wait two years to reapply. Being tied up in school and family I didn't reapply right away.
During this time you have to remember 9/11 and all of the furloughs that were happening. I was just thankful to have a flying job. I think that we are now finally starting to see another hiring wave begin like in the 1996. They told us at the interview that 2007 and 2008 will be record hire numbers for SWA.
So here I am again, with my fingers crossed, waiting for the phone to ring (hopefully)
Sorry for the long story but I didn't want you to get the wrong idea.
But to anwer your question - 6yrs.

Interviewed: December 14,2006
737 Type Rating: None
Current TT: 7300
PIC Jet: 3000

Received the call this morning from the HOU Chief Pilots office. Good luck to all, sounds like more calls to follow this week. Looking forward to seeing ya'll.

Latest resources

Back