Anyone fly for Gulfstream out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey SCAB,

I'll enjoy my Dash 8 making the same amount as you flying your B737. As a scab - you reap what you sow, but then again you know that.

The difference between me and you is the fact that I will never be looked down upon by my fellow airline pilots.

Oh and by the way, my "GOD-BLESSED" profession starts right here... at the regional level and goes all the way up to the majors.

Am I an industry and labor expert? Not by a long shot.

Do I have a good moral character, sense of values, and INTEGRITY?? You bet. Do you??

When you say that my chances of making it to the majors are about the same as making it to being a major league pitcher - don't put me in the same boat as you. The difference is once again, you are a scab, and I'm not, nor will I ever be. YOUR chances of getting into a REPUTABLE airline are about the same as "making it to the major league pitcher position". Why? Simply because you are a scab, and even the management realizes that scabs lack the moral character, integrity, and pretty much everything else that they are looking for in a prospective new-hire.

Look at your rEAL pilots and look at your EAL scabs and tell me that's not true.

I've said my piece, and I'm joining FlyDeltasJets in ignoring any comments from a scab.

Calm Down

This name calling over the PFT thread is stupid. I said in an earlier post a few of you guys need to go and try and get laid (By a girl) to take the edge off.

I will rephrase that, go drink a 12 pack of beer have some fun, then go at least go try and get your fingers wet, some of you people spend way to much time argueing over stupid things when you could do something way more fun. I'm sick of getting the email notifications that another putz has responded to this thread.

indignation

While the rightous indignation of a few is appreciated, for surely they will hold the profession on their backs with the integrity we all can only wish we had, their sense of the correct is admirable.

Meantime, over the years, I hired a bunch of pilots. None of this meant anything to me at all.

Lastly, none of these jobs are YOUR jobs. They are employer jobs. GIA set this up from the start as a time builder operation for the F/o's. I may not agree with what they did or how they do it, but, it is certainly their right to set it up that way.

You can not lose that which you never had.

FreightDog,

Howzit

TAB Express advertizes an interview with Island Air. You could be flying with several TAB FO and not even know it. What would you do if you found several working at Island Air with you..
Surfs been good for several weeks now..Hope you've had time to enjoy it........Mahalo 4 your time.

Re: indignation

publisher said:
While the rightous indignation of a few is appreciated, for surely they will hold the profession on their backs with the integrity we all can only wish we had, their sense of the correct is admirable.

Meantime, over the years, I hired a bunch of pilots. None of this meant anything to me at all.

Lastly, none of these jobs are YOUR jobs. They are employer jobs. GIA set this up from the start as a time builder operation for the F/o's. I may not agree with what they did or how they do it, but, it is certainly their right to set it up that way.

You can not lose that which you never had.

Actually, a sense of what is "correct" is the basis of the moral fiber of a civilized society, but I digress.

While none of this meant anything to you, I have found sufficient animosity in the aviation community in regards to PFT to give me pause.

If the owner is flying the plane, he can call that his job. If I am a professional aviator, and the owner wants to put two pilots there in his aircraft, then we can call those jobs our jobs.

No, I think there is only a small chance that he set this up as a method of helping FO's to build time. More likely, he found that some pilots didn't mind taking the short and easy route, and he could save money in the process.

Just as it is their right to set up a business any way they choose, it is our responsibility to provide ".....the rest of the story".

Goooood day!

Last edited:
GIA should NOT have the right to rip the passengers off by having an FO buy that seat!!! Passengers are entitled to have qualified flight crew and in my eyes some bozo who buys a job at 250 hours is NOT qualified!!! I, a ticketed passenger has more than ten times that in flight time and I think that is ridiculous.

Secondly, GIA or any other pft scum should NOT have the right to have pft programs. PFT is NOT an enhancement to safety in any way shape or form and should be illegal and punishable by a $250,000 fine and 20 years in prison. Passengers' lives are needlessly put at risk when there are countless pilots with plenty of experience available on the market who could take me and other pax safely and reliably to where we need to go. I feel comfortable on Allegheny and Piedmont--my understanding is that most of their FO's have at least 1500 hours when they are hired. Makes me feel much more comfortable when I'm sitting in the back travelling along and reading the paper.

And DONT mistake me for a Communist or any other dumb remarks like that since that's not true. Communism did not work and I saw this firsthand. Free enterprise is great as long as the public's rights are not trampled. IN this case the passenger's right to expect a safe flight is being taken away by having a pft program and to make matters worse the rights of pilots, too, to have a decent living wage--pft drags pilots' salaries down and I don't want that to happen!! I have the right to expect that some of my ticket money will go to PAY both the captain and first officer. That's what they are supposed to be there for to get paid for their job of getting me there safely!!

I have the ultimate goal of running my own business in the future, and I have rights but I also have responsibilities to the public not to pollute or use such cheap labor that I have incompetents in my shop who could end up injuring someone by making an unsafe product!! That Cooper jerk should realize that he has responsibilities to the public and to own up to those responsibilities by PAYING his crews. But no he is an irresponsible scab. He and other pft operators should be put in the clink for a LOOOOOOONG time!! There is no place in business for recklessness and putting people in danger like this!!

8sm said:
FreightDog,

Howzit

TAB Express advertizes an interview with Island Air. You could be flying with several TAB FO and not even know it. What would you do if you found several working at Island Air with you..
Surfs been good for several weeks now..Hope you've had time to enjoy it........Mahalo 4 your time.

Howzit 8sm!

Yeah... just got back from Haleiwa, was nice!! Trades are back and they were calling 3-4, but it looked more like 4-6 as there were some really nice sets, offshore breeze.. spent all afternoon there riding my 10'0. :)

About TAB Express, I didn't even know about them advertising anything about Island Air. I do know we get Pacific Wings SIC's who struggle through training and flunk out in the sim. Granted, it's not all, but a number of them. Goes right to the heart of what I'm saying... Could it be the fact that they were not exposed to IFR? Could it be that they had their hands held the whole time while flying? You see.. numbers in your logbook mean diddly. It's experience that counts. Sure you can buy 200 hours of multi time from an outfit, it doesn't do squat for you. Would the company care how well you do? Well, maybe/maybe not. After all, you pay them for the privilege of being there. I flew with some SIC's in my freight days that had no business being there, and I couldn't believe they didn't teach them some basic things in training. Instead they wanted their money.

In essence.. it's the SIC that gets cheated in the long run. Experience? Nawww.. Flight time in the book? Sure! Who suffers in the long run? It's the SIC.

This is not to mention the flying public i.e. the pax that do not know about this.

Aloha!

Major Leage Baseball pitcher, huh...

I piped in early on this thread as anti-PFT and have been lurking ever since. Some interesting points on all sides. I would say, again, that GIA hurts the profession by making pilots pay to sit in a seat that would traditionally be a job for someone....should be a job for someone. I've moderated my position a bit in wondering if perhaps the Pacific Wings (C402), Alpine (B99), and Ameriflight (Metro and others) schemes aren't so bad because those right seats would normally not be occupied anyway....so if a low timer wants to pay to log right seat time in what would otherwise be an unoccupied seat....maybe it's not so bad. We'd call it PFMTT...pay for multi turbine time....hehe. But to take a right seat B1900 pax job and make a guy pay to take it....well, it's not not right IMO....because it encourages airlines to take advantage of pilots, and there's already enough of that going around.

As for the comment that one is as likely to get a major job in aviation as to be a major leage pitcher.....

I'm a 40 year old 727 F/O for UPS...I made 150K last year. I'm a very normal, unremarkable, average person in most every way. I got the four year degree early on and worked my way up the civillian route. No PFT, No Scab, and went though the mid-80's hiring drought. I got a major job on my third major interview...being turned down by World and then Continental. Eight years between out of ERAU and into a major job. I didn't know anyone at UPS, just sent in my resume. I've always felt that if I could make it to this level...then anyone who is willing to work as hard as I did should be able to as well....you gotta fill all the squares and put in your time...weather the storm....and you can do it. The worst thing you could do is be a scab...I didn't always know that.....but now I'm here to tell you that it might seem like a way to get ahead at the time, but in the end, it's a huge mistake....kinda like drinking 12 beers.

Good luck to all....

Freightdog,

Uh brada, you sure know how to make a brada jealous, Haleiwa side go for broke. And on the way home, hook-em at Matsumoto's for daKind. No Leo O' Ke Kai

Still plugging away and enjoying the CFI experience, soon to move on to AmeraF or Airnet for somemore fun then hopefully IslandAir. Nanakuli Rules

Aloha for now.........8sm

Latest resources

Back