Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Checks said:
P.S. GIACPT is a moron!

Ah, a personal attack. Pure genius. Yeah, that's the way to disaggree.

Can you imagine your future FO stating "Captain, we were only cleared to 12,000 (as you blast through it)."

Checks,
What will you do, call him a name?

GIACAPT
I won't presume to speak for Bobby, but I read your post. I thought it was a good one.

I particularly like the part where you shared that most in the class were experienced instructors, and yourself helping to found a flight school. No doubt, you gained a great deal of valuable experience in the process.

Most of the Gulfstrem discussion here on the board revolves around the GIA route as an alternative to instructing, and I think that would be a mistake for many young pilots.

Thanks for helping to bring the guys you flew with up to speed. I credit your instructing background for giving you the means to do so.

Oh, EZ Target-

I hope you noticed that I have made no personal attacks, on you or anyone else. What I deplore is the operator, scab or not, who sells a job that pilots have a right to expect should be a paid, trained position, and where passengers have a right to expect two quality people, perhaps GIACAPT and yourself at the controls, working as dedicated employees.

Paid employees.

Last edited:
Timebuilder et al...

"One more thing: someone closed the other PFT thread, likely out of frustration. A reminder: this is where an important exchange takes place, in the arena of ideas. Many young pilots are new to the board, and to aviation in general. If no one here stands up and points out the negatives of a particular type of operation, then we accept the risk of those operations becoming more commonplace. "

Your Time: 1029

The other thread was closed for good reason...it's a baseless debate. Reading through this "discussion" (for pure lack of anything beter to do at the moment), I have seen many intelligent posts countering the negative PFT propaganda you and your buddies spam out. These posts are from high timers who have weathered the storm of an aviation career. Their points are thought out, logical and open minded.

Get over it already. Focus on progressing your career instead of whining about the path others take.

How can you be so opinionated and "in the know" at 1000TT+/-?! This is the time soak it all in...experience as much as you can so as to learn and grow as a pilot. Make the most of your environment, be it a seminole, a 1900, or a freighter. I'm 22 with 1400TT and have flown the 121 line, been furloughed, and been rehired by an even better company because of sheer persistance....you do what you need to do in this business to succeed. Enable others to help you and encourage and help aspiring aviators whenever you can.

If, during an interview, a captain asked you (or any of the other PFT Police) and an actual PFT'er what your thoughts on that method of building time were...and let's say you answered that it's a degredation of professional flying and a disgrace, blah, blah, blah....and then the other guy thought for a minute and said...well for a number of reasons, namely, x,y,z i felt this was a good choice for me and as a result it has allowed me to grow as a pilot and experience the 121 environment while at the same time honing my skills to the professional standards demanded by leading airlines like yours, etc...

well. you wouldn't get the job and he would.

I pute my vote in to close this forum.

Hey, GIACPT . . . .

I thought that I acknowledged your insightful comments earlier. Yes, you did provide some good information and insight about Gulfstream. I second Timebuilder's comments above about your dedication.

That dedication is another reason why I deplore P-F-T and perhaps the airline hiring process as a whole. H.R. tends to hire by the numbers. It looks at certificates and ratings, time, and age. It does NOT look at the whole person. That's too hard for these coneheads to do. It would require them to think and reflect. Sometimes, you have an applicant who may not fit the profile 100%, but, if you'd give him/her a chance, you'd get a loyal, dedicated and steady employee who would be grateful forever that you gave him the chance. It's a pity, and wrong, and unfair that such people oftentimes must stoop to having to buy their chance. It is so wrong.

I'm the first to admit that life isn't fair. An airline pilot whom my parents met once told them there are pilots who are hired and pilots who are not hired. No, life is not fair.

Once again, thanks for your excellent comments.

Last edited:
"What I deplore is the operator, scab or not, who sells a job that pilots have a right to expect should be a paid, trained position, and where passengers have a right to expect two quality people..."

Write a letter if it irks you that much...

It's a free market, capatalist society...that means, GIA and other PFT operations are free to make money as they see fit...within the confines of the law and the FARs of course.

Get in the game if you want, but don't sit on the sidelines commentating on every move of the players.

There, I'm done.

ok, i'm not done....

"That dedication is another reason why I deplore P-F-T and perhaps the airline hiring process as a whole. H.R. tends to hire by the numbers. It looks at certificates and ratings, time, and age. It does NOT look at the whole person. That's too hard for these coneheads to do. It would require them to think and reflect. "

I'm sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. Truly, I sympathize with you if you had a hard time geting in the door when things sucked back in the day, but that is not the way hiring works....more importantly, try not to spoil it for all the aspiring pilots who might be following this thread. The certificates, time, etc. get you in the door. It's YOU...the person that will get you the job. YOU includes personality, intellect, logic, willingness to learn, humor, and general likeability.

Don't obsess over dumb stuff like this. Worry about becoming a really good pilot and learning from mistakes when the inevitably happen. Worry about growing as a person too. It's only cool to be bitter once you're union ;-)

Sayonara

PositiveRate has a good point.

I must bid farewell as the horse is, indeed, dead.

I sincerely enjoyed the exchange. This board is just like many facets of life. The majority of the players have their head and heart in the right place but there are a few that try to bring the populous down to their level.

The folks like BobbySamd, Timebuilder, Fixin2land (hilarious name), PositiveRate, EZTarget, and many others are for whom this forum exists. They are people who can disaggree and still know it is not the end of the world.

I personally feel you can tell a lot about a persons character from the way they treat their enemies. Or, in this case, how they interact when under the guise of a screen name.

I only wish I had x-ray vision so I could avoid the petty people on this board in the real world. They are the pilots with whom I would not let my family fly. Their attitudes are symptomatic of personality traits that are usually found in the wreckage.

Great people talk about ideas.
Small people talk about people.

Latest resources

Back