Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone ever miss an item on a checklist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The main thing is to double check the killer items; this is after the checklist is completed. A transponder left off, no biggie. Flaps/slats left retracted for take off, Ouchie. Learn the killer items for each plane and make them memory items.

Kream926 said:
wait so what your are sayong is the trim wheel was all the was to nose up and you didnt feel it as soon as you added power?

It wasn't completely aft, but much farther up than normal. I didn't notice it at the time I added power, but as soon as the speed picked up the nose really started lifting...

i forgot to do a preflight one time...had a small incursion with some items on the ramp. it was costly. things were bent and leaking and it was NOT a good day. i can tell you 100% i never missed a preflight again...and don't ever intend to miss one in the future either.

One of my students attempted to add takeoff power in a Duchess with 35 degrees of flaps down. I just stopped his hand from adding any more power and said After-landing-check...please.

Various other students have forgotten: Doors, windows, x-ponders, mixtures, aux pumps, parking brakes, tie downs, chocks, retracting gear and/or flaps aft T/O...if it's on the checklist, I've seen it be forgotten.

I have managed to intentionally distract every student to ever fly an RG with me to forget about the putting the gear down for landing. I call for the go-around and it's usually never forgotten again.

Latest resources

Back