• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alternative browsers

johnpeace said:
I use Mozilla's Firefox browser:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/

It not only is kickass software, but it has all these cool extensions...one of them is called 'ad block' and it blocks ads using a variety of user specified filters.
I second that choice. Firefox is available in Windows and Mac versions. It runs great on both.

I haven't seen any difference, and I have cable internet.

JediNein said:
What is annoying is trying to type while little thingys are moving all over the screen. Annoying and quite unimpressive. Animated gifs I can hit stop. Flash I can't kill on ie.

Nuke 'em Admin or you will lose visitors. It'll be slow, but over time the long-time contributors will be gone. Put the movement at the top or bottom, not at the side.

jedi,

if you are talking about this site FYI I have never seen a moving box hovering here ever... you have some spyware on your rig. If you were talking about some other sites like www.vidsvidsvids.com which I have heard of somewhere I can't recall, and which has never been visited by pilots or else it would be hard to qualify for the "good moral character" requirement for ATP, than nevermind :D

On a side note, anybody in the cvg area use Roadrunner? If so, have you experienced shoddy connections lately? For the past two weeks, RR has been on again/off again at best. RR tech support says it's something with my computer, but I have not changed anything in months. It just starting screwing up in the past two weeks. HELP!

Latest resources

Back