Anyone else slowed down???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILLINI

Ever since those new LOGBOOK PRO advertisements on the left side of the page started being used, my computer has been asking me if I wan't to download some program to view the page every time I move to another page on this website. I finally clicked the box to not ask me anymore, but to just do it. I've noticed that this website is alot slower since these new ads came along, especially the first time I open flightinfo.com. I don't know for sure it's because of the Logbook Pro ads, but it sure would be a big coincedence. I have cable internet and it never used to be this slow!

Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, it's definitely slower.

Although...the animations are nice...the only thing moving fast on the site!

Last edited:
ILLINI said:
Anyone else notice this?
Macromedia Flash Player is the standard for delivering high-impact, rich Web content. Designs, animation, and application user interfaces are deployed immediately across all browsers and platforms, attracting and engaging users with a rich Web experience.
DSL doesn't seem too sluggish with it.

ILLINI said:
Nice animation or not... I HATE the dam things!!!

My vote is to get rid of them

I'm sure that the folks who run this board would be happy to comply if you were to cut them a check for the lost revenue from the missing advertisements.

I didn't mean to get rid of them all together. I don't have a problem with Logbook Pro advertising on this website. I think they have a good product and use it myself. But it would be nice if they could go back to their old ads, or maybe change it so it doesn't take so long to load up.

To be fair, the page does seem to be loading a bit faster than it was a few days ago.

I use Mozilla's Firefox browser:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/

It not only is kickass software, but it has all these cool extensions...one of them is called 'ad block' and it blocks ads using a variety of user specified filters.

I don't see those things you're talking about and they don't slow down my load time.

I see no slowdown myself but I am also either on cable or T1.

But if I would be you I would check for a searchbar or other toolbars or some other c_rap installed... run ad-aware or spybot... it has been discussed here before.

What is annoying is trying to type while little thingys are moving all over the screen. Annoying and quite unimpressive. Animated gifs I can hit stop. Flash I can't kill on ie.

Nuke 'em Admin or you will lose visitors. It'll be slow, but over time the long-time contributors will be gone. Put the movement at the top or bottom, not at the side.

Latest resources

Back