Anyone else get an email from Jet Blue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Race Pilot

I got an email from Jet Blue today stating that I am moving on to Phase II of the process. Just wondering how many more that were there frequent this site and heard something today. :D

I got the email yesterday as well, and promptly started celebrating! If anyone here knows of a way to speed up phase II I'd appreciate the advice. Also, I'm curious if anyone here knows what could happen in phase II to keep someone from getting the job offer. The only case I've heard of was a guy who had a DUI.

CCDiscoB, that is correct.

Congrats on phase II - by the way, what does that entail? What is the difference between phase I and phase II? I suppose phase I is the actual interview or the sim-check...

Also, you'll find an interesting article about Jet Blue in this month's edition of "Airways Magazine" at your local Borders or Barnes & Noble. Check it out and good luck!

Those Jetblue A320s sure look sweet!!!!! Nice and comfy flightdeck!

Lumber - Phase I is the interview itself and checking your logbooks and all the pre-interview paperwork you filled out to make sure you meet minimum requirements, etc. There are no tests or sim check. Phase II consists of running all the background checks and talking to your references on the phone. I'll have to check that article out. There is also one in the latest "Forbes" magazine with David Neeleman, the CEO, on the cover in front of an A320.

Check Six - Fly Safe

Phase II has lasted 10 plus weeks for the previous interviewees (16 July). I am told we should hear next week on job offers. As a new PH-IIer, you will get a call in the next several days from the jetBlue background investigation team (BIT) to confirm phone numbers on your LORs & references. Make sure your LOR writers respond in a timely manor if phone contact is not made on the first attempt. The jetBlue BIT will leave a phone number to call them back. JetBlue contacted every one of my LOR writers and then 1 to 2 other people referred by my LOR writers. Each person contacted, spent 10-20 minutes on the phone with the jetBlue BIT answering about 5-7 questions about me that were very similar to some of my interview questions. Good luck to all the new jetBlue PH-IIers! Hope to see you on the line soon.

ual591 said:
If anyone here knows of a way to speed up phase II I'd appreciate the advice.

UAL591,

I was in the May 8 interview group, and only waited about 4 weeks in phase II. I think the reason for that had very little to do with my qualifications, and quite a bit to do with my involvement during the background check. I called former employers and references before, and during phase II to prep them for the background check.

I have had problems with lost paperwork in a former life, so I stayed much more involved with the process this time, and I think it paid off. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

JetBlue Class dates...

How much time did you have from completion of Phase II until your class date...

When do jetBlue class dates begin ???

"Krunch"

Krunch,

Well this may be somewhat dated info concerning how quickly you can go to class after Phase II completion:

I finished phase II in Feb and went to class on Mar 4.

However, with guys starting to get released from the Stop-loss program things changed drastically this summer.

Phase II is different for each pilot it seems. Some guys (mostly military) are easily processed in their background checks and of course training records. They are sometimes moved into an earlier class date if they need to fill up the class (which are each month and Jul, Aug, Sep have had 24 pilots a class).

Others (a buddy of mine from US Air) finished phase II and had to wait 2 months to go to training.

I refer to the earlier comment about Stop-loss. While JB doesn't intend to have a "pool", that's exactly what happened with these guys. As they separate/retire they are then put into the first available class date (dependent upon their original interview date). Still keeping with the first in, first to training concept for fairness.

We are now interviewing once every other month. I also refer to my earlier disclaimer that some of this may be dated since I'm no longer in the interview/training portion. But my most recent experience was 3 buddies in the Aug class. This seems to be the norm.

Hope this helps,
Happy landings

Latest resources

Back