Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone Been Waiting This Long 4 NetJets 2 Call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I suspect Freight Dog is on the right track. I think a 4000 hr. RJ captain probably gets the interview nod ahead of a 15,000 hour pilot with 12k in the right seat of Boeings.

I wouldn't say that, but I'd say that RJ guys clogged the system due to sheer volume of applicants.

7 Months...1 internal recommendation, 4000 total, tons of 121 PIC, Check Airman, etc.

Derinda has updated my resume for me personally, so I know I haven't "fallen through the cracks". I can only guess I'm just not what they want at this very moment and I'll have to wait.

It is hard to stomach it, though, when I hear guys on here with similar quailifications get called weeks after applying.

I won't stop trying, though. NetJets is where I want to be!

I am in the same boat as you !! She updated for me a few weeks ago. I applied before Thanksgiving

I've been eagerly waiting since app accepted Jan. 2nd 2008. BUT!!!..... what has me concerned NOW is that I've seen a SLIGHTLY but SIGNIFICANTLY altered app acceptance e-mail posted here with some KEY words changed.....

The e-mail I received says that.... "We will contact you WHEN you are accepted for an interview........"

I was under the impression that this meant I was in a pool of interview candidates..... some of which would be selected earlier..... some later...... but eventually ALL would get an interview someday hopefully........HOWEVER....

The new app accepted e-mail I have seen posted here says that... "We will contact you IF you are accepted for an interview......"

What do you think?.... Is my app in a stack that will get an interview......OR HAS THE PROCESS COMPLETELY CHANGED for good...... and I may..... or may NOT..... even get an interview?

Any thoughts? Many thanks.

Each interview group seems to be fairly similar : a few regional pilots ( FOs and CAs, either have an equal chance for interview ) , a few from fractionals, few retired and few charter. It seems to be balanced out well with diverse backgrounds each interview group.

So if they have piles of each of these groups the RJ pile is most likey pretty huge and with only a few getting selected a month to interview it could explain the longer wait.....just a theory. I know someone flying charter that waited 2 months from the day he emailed his resume until he had an interview( less flight time then those waiting and never was a Captain ) not long at all......so who knows

After the pay raise last fall there was a huge influx of apps. If you don't have an internal LOR and you're in a stack of thousands and folks with LOR's keep coming into the stack above you, do the math...it could be a year or more to get called.

just speculating...could the anti-retired guy bias being discussed be caused by the fact that the fractionals are looking for pilots to stay an entire career - not just five years or so to finish up a career?

Submitted app in Jan 08, submitted driving record as requested, and submitted update without a reply. Getting close to my mil retirement date, so I am contemplating sending them an E-Mail to try and get a feel for the process. As per their response to my initial app, I am not going to call them. Any thoughts on sending an E-Mail???

Latest resources

Back