Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody watching this aviation movie on CBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cezzna

Remeber the analog
I know all movies with airplanes are not realistic to us pilots but geez. SST takes a missle and explosively decompresses at 60,000 ft. Everybody can still breathe and panic and talk for like 3-5 minutes. Then they all finally pass out and the captain dies. They would have all passed out in seconds. All would have been dead in minutes. It just annoys me.

heck yes I'm watching it!! i jumped on here just to see how many people were making fun of it. BWAHAHAA!!!!!!

I was just about to post this topic...It's called "Mayday."

My favorite is how the military was going to shoot it down to cover their mistake, and then how the airline was thinking about crashing it due to the insurance payouts and how it may ruin the airline.

I like how most pax passed out...but several didn't...even the one in the lav who wasn't wearing O2.

I will admit though, watching superman is mildly entertaining.

I like how they can type on the FMS (datalink) with two hands...it also sounds like a normal keyboard.
Sigh...watching an aviation movie with pilots just ruins it.

zugzug said:
60k, milliseconds

TUC at 600 is about 9 seconds.
They tell you about the noise, the cold, the fog, the disorientation.
What they fail to tell you about it the agonizing abdominal and sinus/middle ear pain.

Hahaha, I just got home from working my other job and my folks had this on tv... I busted up laughing when the "pilot" said "turn on the afterburners, its the "AB" buttons"

WOW that was a great flick. :laugh:

"san fransico center, we are climbing to flight level sixty-five thousand feet, estimated cruise speed 940 knots."

Yea.. I watched it. got a good laugh.. I like how they were at 11,000 feet and then at 1500 like 10 seconds later

Latest resources

Back