Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Have a friend who has a trip coming up from LSGG to YHHH (hong kong) and air routing says it's a two stop trip. It's 6.5hrs on each leg if they stop in Kazakstan up in the north called Aciston? Spelling sucks Can do it in one stop if they stop there.

Air routing says they are open 24hrs and can have customs and fuel. They can get credit but air routing says cash is king. No suprise there.

Anybody ever stop there? Anything to look out for? Thanks for the info.

if this is the place---have your friend call this guy

1. Date: 06/2005
Region: SEA(VII) Country: Kazakhstan City: Astana
ICAO: uacc Airport Name: AKMOLA - Astana Intl Aircraft: G200
Feedback: Handling was by Berkut Air Services +7-3007-33-4850 arranged by Universal. Emir did a great job as our handler in UACC though all communication goes through Berkut in UAAA-Almaty. We were warned prior to arrival that everything operates at a snails pace like in UAAA this is NOT the case. We received better service than in UAAA where the G200 is based. I would recommend using UACC for tech stops instead of UAAA for all future flights.
Reporter: K.B. Telephone: 5126587899
E-mail: [email protected]

not sure about the above city, but have been to Almaty a few times....very easy stop and cash not needed (except a few bucks to get thing rolling faster of course)

looks like uacc might be a little closer to great circle route. perhaps that is why they were reccomending it. either one would probably work.:)

Kazikstan is fine for a fuel stop...dont leave the airport and dont get in a cab.

I think it took UPS a few days to get a crew back that was "sightseeing" in Almaty.

Last edited:
yeah the tech stop is uacc. I looked it up in the world plates and it said approach plates not avail.

What does the runway look like? What about getting a clearance out of there? Is it wild west flying. Out on your own or is there some ryme to it?

Diesel said:
yeah the tech stop is uacc. I looked it up in the world plates and it said approach plates not avail.

What does the runway look like? What about getting a clearance out of there? Is it wild west flying. Out on your own or is there some ryme to it?

UACC- 11,486' , ILS to both ends, Tower, Atis

no problemo:)

Diesel said:

Just like anywhere else in Russia/East Europe.

Some red tape for sure....but a decent handler and a few good tips will make it all smooth.

Its a real airport, clearance, etc will be easy.

Only things that can come to mind is visa's. My guess is you wont need one for a tech stop, but sometimes they waste time and money by parading you through pass control anyways...another thing to check on is be sure they have the fuel quantity avaliable that you need and will be there at the time you say....you dont want the one fuel truck fueling the airliners for 3 hrs while you wait....

Is the handler FERAS/Streamline? I thought thats who I used a while back and they were very competent.

well it looks like china is becoming the pia with the visas.

UACC is not bad just as long as the money is in place before landing.

the handler is set up through a combination of Air Routing and the PA

Latest resources

Back