Anybody know about TexStar?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airline mission

I hear TexStar all the time around the Dallas area. Anybody know anything about them? Can't find a website for them. I assume their a freight outfit. Maintenance? Minimums? Fly alot? Safety record? Happy pilots? Kinds of runs?

I flew for them last year.

Formerly known as Texas Air Charter, or National Express (National Freight).

They are based out of Denton.
Runs were DAL to ICT,OKC,TUL,ABQ,LUB,AMA,SAN,AUS - I'm sure some of this has changed.

You should be home every night.

As far as I know they are now only flying C-402C.

Their maintenance had improved dramatically towards the end of my tour of duty.

I hear that they are looking for people now.

Hope this helps!

insider

TEX STAR AIR FREIGHT (Freight Pilot)
4933 Sabre Lane, Denton, TX, 76207
Tel: no calls
Fax: none
Email: [email protected]
Web Site: none
Cessna 402 Captain! Must have part 135 mininimums, IFR experience and 250 multi minimum.

airline mission said:
I hear TexStar all the time around the Dallas area. Anybody know anything about them? Can't find a website for them. I assume their a freight outfit. Maintenance? Minimums? Fly alot? Safety record? Happy pilots? Kinds of runs?

They did have a rather bad accident in 98 or 99 with a 402 that broke a wing spar in flight. But I do not know if it was due to bad maintainance or not

NASA reports

Actually, there was also a nose gear problem with 402GR coming into el deso, the site of a later fatality. The wing seperation really
can't be credited to poor maintance, as it was basicly purchased a week prior to the incident.

The main point that should not be over looked is that
TEXSTAR is not another texas air and freight or national express or what other names the previous owners used. We are a one year old company that is growing mature and has not had any major mechanical problems ( knock on wood) do to the experience
and morals of the maintance personel. The only thing lacking
is turbine powered aircraft. The main reason Ill eventually have to move on.

What more can you ask for? Day Routes, Great Maintance, 402C model - this is not your grandfathers aircraft, Experience in all weather; and a company that won't force you to go unless your ready.

I met Mark, the owner, a few years ago. He's a very personable kind of guy. I met with him for about an hour to discuss his computer systems and what he wanted me to build for him as an alternative to "Total FBO". Almost had a deal!

It would be a kick to be back there asking for a flying job!

Just wondering, but how strict are they on the 250 multi? Is that a hard-and-fast insurance minimum for them?

Insurance

Yep, the IFR 135 minimum and 250 Multiengine times are in concrete.

Hey Benzene,

check your user options. I am unable to send you a personal message. It says you have chosen not to receive them.

Latest resources

Back