• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody get their ALPA voting packet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so, are you deciding between ALPA and SAPA? not voting would be a vote for SAPA, or a vote to maintain our current structure.
I hope you are kidding.
I'm voting for ALPA. Not voting for ALPA is exactly what management wants, because they have only their pay and bonuses to look out for. With ALPA on property, we WILL be treated better whether mgmt. wants to or not.

Was a fence sitter. Voted yes for a variety of reasons, mostly the history of deceptive practices that I've seen over the years.

You know that feeling you get when you buy a used car and 10 miles down the road it dies on you. That is the same felling I got at Eagle every time alpa tried to get us something... I don't want to do that again!!!
As for my vote, I'm not going to jump right out and make the phone call.. I think I will wait and see.
yeah,
Good plan! Bunch of the SKYW guys/gals did the wait and see thing, they waited and saw, the bucket system for reserves, PBS, and lots more with the final candle on the cake the DD fiasco. If nothing else ALPA will be a bright spot on the horizon if they do nothing but stop the erosion of the work rules and pay cuts. But whatever you do, don't take control of your future, let Jerry and BH do it for you!
PBR

umm, no.

a curiosity. do you work at SkyWest, or did you used to work here? in terms of QOL, overall pay, company health and prospects for growth, how do you rank SkyWest compared to our competitors? how do you think we compare to Comair, ASA, Mesa, AWAC, XJET? I have friends at all except Comair, and I know how they answer. I'd like your take to compare.

Typical oversimplified assumptions common to your posts. Other regionals don't have it good= ALPA bad.

OK...here's some more: roughly 40,000 auto accident deaths per year= cars are bad. 30,000 gun deaths in the USA= guns are bad. I could go on.

Lesson is that the issues are far more complex. Consider them and make a decision. For all of your rhetoric about "regionals bad=ALPA bad", you could find as many or more "regionals/majors good=ALPA good".

I voted yes

Keep in mind that the 1.95% in dues is tax deductible. So your effective dues may actually be lower depending on your tax bracket.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back