anybody ever work for Key Lime Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

moving2vegas

Looking for the scoop on Denver based key lime air. The website says that they are accepting resumes for PIC positions. I know the basics from the website, but I'm more interested in day-to-day ops, maintenance, management, ect... Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not for sure, but isn't this the place that makes their FO's pay for 100 block of time? It seems to me that a friend of mine's former student did that with Key Lime.

They fly Metros right?

Key Lime PIC not PFT info help

Yes, Key Lime Air has a PFT program. I'm interested in info about their PIC jobs. Yes, they actually pay their pilots to fly navajos, twin cessna, and metro aircraft. Someone has to act as PIC and I'm trying to get some inside info into this.

Plenty of places are starting to hire now. You've got plenty of hours, and therefore, you have your pick of whom to apply to. So why bother flying for a PFT operation?

I hope with the industry turnaround lots of places like this will go the way of the dinasaur. I almost broke down and went there to buy up some metro time myself, but luckily was talked back to reality. Times are much better now, move onward and upward.

anybody read before they reply?

I guess nobody on this message board reads the posts before they respond. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN PFT. Key lime hires ( and pays)PIC's to fly their A/C. If you have info on the working conditions at key lime please respond. If you haven’t or you're trying to give crappy, unwanted career advise, don't bother.

It sucks there. I heard that they are under close scrutiny from the FAA due to 2 Metro mishaps in the last 3 months. The pay is a joke too. $100/day for the Chieftain and $120/day for the Metro is far below standard. My advice would be look elsewhere.

SK:cool:

<<I heard that they are under close scrutiny from the FAA due to 2 Metro mishaps in the last 3 months.>>

I think it's actually 3 Metro mishaps. The two who tried to mate in Denver and the one that slid or ran off the runway at Rawlins. They have had some Navajo mishaps in the past few years also.

Double what the previous post says pay is and it still ain't worth your life.

How about 3 mishaps in less than ONE MONTH!! Monthy safety meetings, insurance problems due to the cluster F#$@%, in my opinion all of this says something, jmo. Why not try Superior Aviation, $36,500 starting salary, plus like $35 a day per diem, 8 cents a mile, just off the top of my head what one of their guys told me. Hire PIC's in the Metro off the street, sounds fun to me.

Latest resources

Back