Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody else tired of the excuses and extensions at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
I for one am getting so sick and tired of getting extended, then notified via ACARS of an additional extension!! Getting JM calls on my vacation, having my days off moved at the whim of scheduling. If this is the way of the future I am leaving.

All we get are excuses!! When are we gonna fight this idiocy? The weather has been great, what happens when it isn't?

I looked forward to "making it through" the summer. Now were being told it will be bad again in December? Well, I guess it could be worse, we could be losing flying.

I'm done!!! I'm burned out.....

Last edited:
Agreed. This is out of control. The company has used up all their "favors" with me. No more good will. No more helping out. I didn't mind carrying the extra load during the summer, but now it seems like management is trying to make this the norm.

They need to stop being stingy and upgrade people. They need to upgrade at least 40, not the 20 they are talking about.

Also, they need to create a list of people that want to fly/be extended, and those that don't want to be messed with.

Is this the consensus of the majority of the pilot group or just a few. I can see it being the whole group, but I'm just wondering.

Is this the consensus of the majority of the pilot group or just a few. I can see it being the whole group, but I'm just wondering.

Well, I cant speak for the whole group but I think it would be safe to say the reserves feel this way.

The senior guys don't know a thing until they start getting extended. Some of them don't know we had guys on furlough.

How do you go about organizing a phone calling campaign from the reserve pilots to the MEC officers/committee members?

Maybe we should make up flyers with all of their phone numbers/email addresses listed and a bullet list of potential, reasonable remedies desired for inclusion in the next contract? Hand those out in the pilot lounges? Put them in mailboxes? Make 'em available online?

What can be DONE about it?

I for one am getting so sick and tired of getting extended, then notified via ACARS of an additional extension!! Getting JM calls on my vacation, having my days off moved at the whim of scheduling. If this is the way of the future I am leaving.

All we get are excuses!! When are we gonna fight this idiocy? The weather has been great, what happens when it isn't?

I looked forward to "making it through" the summer. Now were being told it will be bad again in December? Well, I guess it could be worse, we could be losing flying.

I'm done!!! I'm burned out.....

Thanks for all you do......

How do you go about organizing a phone calling campaign from the reserve pilots to the MEC officers/committee members?

Maybe we should make up flyers with all of their phone numbers/email addresses listed and a bullet list of potential, reasonable remedies desired for inclusion in the next contract? Hand those out in the pilot lounges? Put them in mailboxes? Make 'em available online?

What can be DONE about it?

I just call them. Don't need a campaign.

Yeah, it just seems like trying to get a BUNCH of people to call would be maybe a little more effective.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back