Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody commuting from Bend or Corvallis?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAFO

Fellas,
Anyone commuting from these two to OAK?? If so hows the commute - freq, loads, carriers, etc.....

SWAFO

---also, anyone got the site for commuting info - the one that lists all possible flights from city to city?

Horizon has two ways to get out of RDM. First to PDX the Second is SEA. Both have quite a few QX and AS jumpers, and the loads are high. QX has a passenger weight increase coming mid august that is going to hurt jumpseating alot.

You could also try SkyWest out of Bend to SFO and then take BART but the loads are really tight. SkyWest has the same weight increases coming up so it'll be about a 15 seat Brasilia.

Out of Corvallis you'd have to go to Eugene and hop to PDX or SLC, I can't remember if SkyWest does SFO out of Eugene. The SLC and EUG would be CRJs.

SkyWest flies CRJ's EUG-SFO, DEN and SLC also RDM-SLC, you could then take a CRJ SLC-OAK. We also fly the EMB-120 RDM-SFO, PDX and SEA also EUG-PDX, but as was mentioned weight restrictions are really hurting the Bro. Sytem wide load factors are really high, I moved away from Oregon to end the commuting nightmare.

Flightlookup.com can give you all the flights between a city pair with the exception of Southwest, you folks sell your own ticket so they don't list you.

Good luck,

Jon

P.S. Wish me luck on August 16.

I grew up in CVO, and loved it there. The commute to EUG is pretty quick down 99. I jumpseated a few times in/out of there when going back to visit my parents and never had a problem on Skywest or Horizon, although I was usually going to or from SEA instead of OAK then. I haven't been through RDM yet so I don't know how it works there.

HAL

SWAFO said:
Fellas,
Anyone commuting from these two to OAK?? If so hows the commute - freq, loads, carriers, etc.....

SWAFO

---also, anyone got the site for commuting info - the one that lists all possible flights from city to city?

From Corvallis I'd probably drive to PDX and hop on your company to OAK. RDM seems like it would be a pain to commute from. RDM-SFO may be sketchy due to temps and loads. RDM-SEA or PDX and then company from there may be your best shot.

For commuting info try http://www.nonrev.net/timetable.htm

Hope this helps.

Dave Benjamin said:
From Corvallis I'd probably drive to PDX and hop on your company to OAK. RDM seems like it would be a pain to commute from. RDM-SFO may be sketchy due to temps and loads. RDM-SEA or PDX and then company from there may be your best shot.

Good advice. Corvallis would be a piece of cake.

Have you thought about buying an airplane (C-172,...)? Flight from Bend to SFO area wouldn't be all bad( Stay east of the cascades for good WX). I was back in Sunriver over the 4th of July and timed the drive back to PDX . 3 hours. Not too shabby. For the quality of life living in Central Oregon, the commute via car would be nothing. It is a relaxing drive too, nice view of the cascades, Deschutes River, etc... Just watch out for the cop in Warm Springs.

Good dilema on your hands!!!

First off, K-mart, GREAT avtar! Now down to business.

I commuted out of Eugene for three long, hard years. The loads on both Skywest and QX are ALWAYS full. Most of the time I ended up driving to my folks house in Portland, and then getting dropped off at PDX. Getting back into to EUG never seemed to be a problem though. I don't know how the loads are on the southbound flights to SFO, but I would imagine they're heavy as well. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back