• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody Care to add to this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just wish I could post on the site....

"I avoided Gulfstream, and its a$$ raping tactics. I worked hardto payfor my training as I went, then instructed for a year.Now, I am a firstofficer for a regional with my dignity, and bank account still intact."

You too could expreience this satisfaction. Just say NO to Gulfstream.

A public service announcement brought to you by the pilots for dignity foundation

Last edited:
Lol.. and most of the testimonials are from "first officers in training" which looking at them makes me think they are working on their commercial rating!
I sit right seat in an RJ.. am I a 747 first officer in training??
I'd like to see more testimonials from Captains on that page.... :p

Captians? You mean BE1900 instructors.

Pilotkppsg -XJT Have not taken many F/Os from Gulfstream because they were unable to demonstrate to the interviewers a sufficient knowlege of the aircraft that they were flying most recently the Beech 1900.

Oh I'd love to add to this.....on the left where it says "testimonial" read each guys name......Steve Cady 777 Check Airman....SCAB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis Turnbough.........SCAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot confirm the third guy.........as written he's not on the list, BUT.........

Thomas Cooper President of gulfstream..............SCAB!!!!!

Oh and the CAL scabs are whats know as SUPER SCABS.....Strike breakers!

When I passed my initial F/O checkride, the instructor told me something that I'll always remember: "I wouldn't have signed you off if I didn't feel comfortable with my wife and kids in the back and you at the controls by yourself."

I think that it's a real litmus test and I wonder how many very low time PFT people (and their check airmen) could pass that one. In defense of low-timers, I do believe that it's ability and not necessarily hours that matter most - if you can safely and competently accomplish the mission, you earned the job and the responsibility it entails.

Gulfstream is an opportunistic way to break in line ahead of somebody else for a competitive job. A pilot at Gulfstream might, or might not, be a good stick. But, this career involves working with a crew. An opportunist is usually not a good team player. It might work out for them, then again it might not.

At most airlines the hiring is done by senior pilots. Those pilots know that hiring pilots who will be members of the team is important. These senior pilots want to see the quality of this profession improve and know that programs like Gulfstream undermine that effort.

Paying $30,000 for a shot an an $8 an hour job as a meat servo flying VFR in a Beech 1900 does not impress me as much as a guy flying at night by himself in a Baron, or C210, or even flight instructing in a C150. But that's just me....

Oh - my - dear- lord!

I didn't know people like that still existed. BTW, anyone knowhow many "gulfstream graduates" got to the majors faster than everyoneelse? Last I checked most are not hiring for the foreseablefuture. Or, maybe they are talking about major airlines such asExpressJet, Eagle and Comair.

Frats,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back