• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Woo Hoo!

ROTFLMAO!

I like the guy that said "If E=mc2, then Gulfstream Academy (G.A.A) =PIC"

*burp*

Barrrrfff!

Speaking as the devil's advocate (i'm a CFII coming up the hard way and a current AF Reservist), what I gather is that every year you spend instructing, flying pipeline, towing banners, flying jumpers or whatever to build career experience is time that you will never ever ever see again at an airline in terms of seniority, bidding and $$$, no matter what you do (assuming that's your ultimate goal). And, maybe i'm being out of line, but anything that will get you to that seniority number quicker at pinnacle or wherever those gulfstream people go will only make them more successful in the long run, won't it? If GIA is really sending a big chunk of it's FO's to ExpressJet, Pinnacle or wherever, aren't they moving quicker toward that captain spot than say a CFI putting around in an Arrow doing chandelles (not that there's anything wrong with that--I have almost 1000 dual given)? But if those kids have a legit shot at the job and the means to the money, why shouldn't they advance in their careers more quickly since the option is open?

Just a post from an observer, not PFT flamebait or whatever it's called now.

BTW those testimonies are pretty homosexual, even from a marketing standpoint.

First Officer (In training): Mathew Wall
Base: Ft. Lauderdale

" This is a very thorough, tough course, but it gets low time pilots in to the right seat of an airline."

LMAO I wonder what the flying public would think about reading somthing like this.

"250 hours in a Beechcraft 1900 and Airline experience for the cost of 172 time. It's a no brainer."

:confused:

Shouldn't the only "cost" of gaining airline experience be your self respect?

BTW those testimonies are pretty homosexual, even from a marketing standpoint.[/QUOTE]

Why do you insist on calling these testimonials "homosexual?" Sounds like you're using this word in a derogatory way. Please don't do that. Thanks.

In some cases they may not pass you up. The PFT people at colgan are having to wait on upgrade due to low total time. They got here sooner...but higher time CFI's we hired after them are upgrading first. They are getting there PIC time sooner. I believe pinnacle has this kind of thing going on too. They will always be senior to you though. I know it sucks...just trying to give you something true that is positive.

" This is a very thorough, tough course, but it gets low time pilots in to the right seat of an airline."

Yup, they get to the right seat of an airliner and some captain has to babysit them. They insist giving ride reports out of FL10. Flip swithches without cluing in the Cpt. Ie turning off the Anti Skid(for some stupid reason) when they landed forgot to turn it back on. Imagine that.

As for the flying the pipelines, or freight, you are working on the most important part of flying, that's decision making. My Grandmother can FLY, anyone with a little hand eye coordination can do that. Put them in Bad weather, Icing, throw in an emergency, etc.. I'm not sure I would want the extra pair of hands in the cockpit being a 200 hr private pilot with my family on board.

Just MHO.

Latest resources

Back