• Major updates to Logbook Pro for Android and APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook for 117 are now available. Minor update for Logbook Pro on iOS devices. Click to learn more: APDL 11, Logbook Pro for Android, Logbook Pro for iOS. Update your devices today.

Any word on ACA's future plans to hire??

AWACoff

Total Time
Once a Laker, always a Laker...

PS. Has anyone seen my sheep? See Yooooo!

skydiverdriver

Total Time
5000+
Man, I feel for you guys! ACA was my first choice, but they never even called me. Now I'm happy I got on with Comair. Good luck to you guys, with that training mess. I have a friend at ACJet, and it took him over six months to finish his upgrade. Training was a bit disorganized. Why don't you guys get into the training dept and try to fix it?

Marko Ramius

Vilnius Nastavnic
Total Time
25 w/L
AWACoff said:
Once a Laker, always a Laker...

PS. Has anyone seen my sheep? See Yooooo!

Yeah it never really washes out, especially after the sheep "initiation." Toughest oral ever.

Blue Ridge II

Total Time
ACA Training

Skydiverdriver,
There are some great people in the training dept. that are trying to fix things, but as we all know it takes time. Hopefully they will continue to make progress. It is a great company to work for once you get past that hurdle...

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
Total Time
1+
canyonblue said:
The J41's are going to be phased out next year on a one for one with the 328jet. We get our first 328jet in United Express colors in february and it will be flying that month. Orders for United Express are 20 CRJ's and 10 328's for 2002. ACA wants to be all jet by 2003 and I assume it will happen as our flying is very busy right now. UAL has given us some flying but that also changes on a month to month basis. Good luck to anyone coming here as with the orders and options the future is pretty bright. Also the fact that we are still making money.

Don't go there! I predict that ACA will divorce from UAL, try to go independent, park the J-41s, and the Do-Jets will be hanger queens that'll get passed from one owner to another! Then the ACA employees will lose their shirts and furlough most of their pilots! I know they seem unstoppable now, but I just have a BAD feeling about that place.

S.

arthompson

as a former ACA emp I have one one thing to say ROFLMAO!!!!! They deserve all they get. Sorry for you guys that are sinking with KS and the boys though.

spitfire1940

Total Time
5000+
Wow, my head's spinning from the time warp ... were we really so wrapped up in that stuff four years ago ?
yup.

citdrver

Total Time
Wow, my head's spinning from the time warp ... were we really so wrapped up in that stuff four years ago ?
yup.

We sure were..............HeII I started this thread..............the days after 9/11, wondering if the regionals were going to grow explosively as the large carriers were furloughing and losing money....
It is quite Ironic, just before 9/11, I tanked an interview with these guys......makes ya wonder how things tend to work out sometimes....

Best of luck to all the FlyI guys and gals....