Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any traffic in the area please advise!!!!!

• Thread starter BE90flyer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 26

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stealthh21 said:
Saying good morning takes about half a second, and does not congest the frequency.

Saying "checking in" or "with you" takes half a second as well... or is that what you're getting at?

Personally the only things that really bug me are people that give their life story and/or people who talk excrutiatingly slow, and people who don't listen before transmitting.

just as you say, better things to worry about.

hold west said:
If you are not handed off, but calling in cold, just call once: "Honolulu Center, Cessna 34V". Period. Don't launch off into some long-winded request.

The really funny thing is I've heard the exact opposite from another controller. His opinion is that not including your request right away takes up frequency time... On a slow frequency I do it your way because I think repeating my request because you missed it (It's late at night and you were on another frequency or were just plain not listening.) takes up even more time. if the frequency is busy I assume you're alert and listening already so I'll wait for a break and then try to say my whole request as succinctly as possible.

I don't think there's one catch all for every situation. I think we all pretty much get the job done so I don't really worry about it.

TrafficInSight said:
Saying "checking in" or "with you" takes half a second as well... or is that what you're getting at?

Personally the only things that really bug me are people that give their life story and/or people who talk excrutiatingly slow, and people who don't listen before transmitting.

just as you say, better things to worry about.

Yeah that was what I was getting at. Who cares. When the FAA starts giving out violations for being polite, that will kill off the remaining enjoyment in this industry. I am just glad that only perfect pilots post on Flightinfo.com.

Its reassuring.

Stealthh21 said:
Get a life. Nothing wrong with any of those. Get over it.

"Confirm getting over it? Good morning."

At what point did I say there was anything wrong with any of it? In fact, I gave an example of what I use.

Last edited:
payola said:
At what point did I say there was anything wrong with any of it? In fact, I gave an example of what I use. But I guess if I had all of your problems (money, retirment, am I gonna have job this year, or is my airline going to be liquidated) I would be pissed at the world, too.

Got a life. Got a job (and job security). And I don't have an aneurysm when somebody says something goofy on the radio. How's that old saying go? Oh, that's right...good day!

Hey slick, I never said that I had any of those problems. And I guess I should have clarified, that I dont think, "with you" or "checkin in" or good morning are a bad things. No I don't use them either. But I don't get all bent out of shape when others do. I was just posting sorry to offend you.

And I just went back to your post. We're on the same side. Sorry.

Latest resources

Back