Any tips for a Cessna 421B Pre-BUY

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetdriver125

I am wanted to see if anyone has and tips on what to look for during a Pre-buy Inspections Any secrets or hiddens i might want to know about???

I am wanted to see if anyone has and tips on what to look for during a Pre-buy Inspections Any secrets or hiddens i might want to know about???

If it has the GTSIO engines, run. :)

Seriously, I'd ONLY look at one that is the right price with run-outs. Do the core exchange for factory reman/new engines and treat them right. I knew a guy who bought one with 100 hrs on 2 blue printed engines. He knew his stuff, and within the first 200 hrs, all 12 jugs were replaced.

I hear the Centurion 4.0 is heading for a 400-series STC. In the Duke, they are burning 24-25 gph. Not bad at all.

Really watch for the cracking issue, too.

Last edited:

Essentially do a 100 hour inspection as per the C421 MM. Do a comprehensive AD search. The exhaust section/turbo requires a very close and detailed inspection as well as the bed mounts for the engines.

No hidden secret, but to add to the above post, check the pressurization, make sure the system is up to spec on a test flight, and go for non engine driven freon air conditioner.

AD's - Continuous
Starter Adapter
Exhaust
Fuel Inlet Valves
Upper Spar Cap
Heater Fuel Valve
Heater Itself (if old model Kelly Aero/Janitrol)

Latest resources

Back