Any Thoughts on the AllATP Program?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

777-2H4

Has anyone taken the private pilot training at ATP? They have a private pilot fast-track program for people with 0 time. As far as making it just up to a level of private pilot CFI, how is this program. they use GPS equipped C172's for a little smaller fee.

They offer professional pilot programs but are those similar to the pay-for-hire programs that everyone hates? Although their entire program seems geared to getting 0 time people up to the prerequisites for their direct track program, what about if you just use them for your private, instrument, and CFI ratings and then stop there to build some time by working.

Personally, if I had to do it again... I would have gotten my private the same way (pt 61 - local FBO) and then done the ATP "90 day" course. 90 days gets you Pvt multi, instrument, commercial multi, single add-on, cfi-me, cfi-i, cfi-se add on. In 90 days you get a ton of ratings and 190 ME PIC (they get the pvt multi when you get there...the rest is done in the Seminole).

190ME pic sure beats the 1.0 ME Pic i have right now...and I'd have the MEI too.

I'd recommend that. Go to a ma' 'n pop to get your private. Fly a little 152 or cherokee or cub if you can. REALLY learn to enjoy flying the wing. Possibly some glider time if you can. Then go hammer the rest out and you're on your way.

-mini

When you come out of ATP with 190 multi PIC, are you basically employable at, let's say, a regional as a bottom of the totem pole first officer?

If you plunk down yer $$$ there, do the program, get the hours, then what?

mattaxelrod said:
When you come out of ATP with 190 multi PIC, are you basically employable at, let's say, a regional as a bottom of the totem pole first officer?

If you plunk down yer $$$ there, do the program, get the hours, then what?

Then use the instructor certificates you earned and gain some excellend experience. Once you get 700-1000 hours with 200+ ME (assuming you'd be doing MEI work too), I'd assume you could get on at a regional.

Or start flying corporate/charter while you CFI to build both ME and SE time.

-mini

in hindsight, I would have done the 90 day deal as well. I'm about to take my CFI checkride with 2 years of college under my belt.....that is 2 years ahead of schedule in my aviation program. If I would have been serious about being a pilot in late high school I would have gotten my private my senior year in high school then right after I graduated high school I would have done the 90 day program. Freshman in college with all the ratings.....nice. Be a freshman flight instructor at an aviation program and have 4 years to build time at a reasonable pace without having to worry about paying student loans back yet. At that rate you could get your ATP by the time you're 21 easily and have a nice job waiting right after graduation....by nice i mean if you think the regionals are nice. (I would prefer corporate).

I've been lookin at doing the PPL Fast track as well as the airline career pilot program at ATP...After those 2 I'll have pretty much all the ratings...

DO you guys think it's worth doing the "3rd step" of their program which is the AIrline Direct Track Program (another $39K)??? Has anyone on here done it?

Thanks...

Matt

PPL fast track......i dont know about that. I got my PPL in 2 1/2 weeks (would have been 2 weeks but some weather moved in) and it only cost me about $4,000. A quarter of the time and half as much money at a cessna pilot center. Now it has taken me a little over a year to finish my other ratings up not including CFII or MEI. If you want to save some money a lot of flight schools have package deals that take you from PPL-CFI/II/MEI. I know where I did my training it was around $30k for all of it. I would only consider AllATP for the 90 day Comm-CFI/II/MEI course.

As far as the Airline Direct program just flight instruct for a year. Make money, save $40k and get hired by the same regional just a couple months later.

Latest resources

Back