Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c172

Way to much fun
any new jobs up here in the northeast pa ??

Do you have more than 466 hours? Are you only looking for flying jobs in N.E. PA?

NO 466 IS ABOUT IT ! I can afford to pay for flying time ! so I'm looking for part 91 to start. so if anyone has any job leads please help !

Get a CFI/CFII/MEI and have fun teaching for the next year or two (You'll learn alot). Let us know when you have about 1200 TT, 500 CC, 100 Night, 75 Instrument and we can help get ya a job. But, for now you still have alot more dues to pay.

Last edited:
Dude, I know its hard to wait, but seriously, you got 466 hours. Be patient. Lets see a CFI listed under the ratings section of your profile. Add a CFII and you'll have a job somewhere almost guaranteed. Yeah, instructing kinda blows, but for pete's sake suck it up and join the rest of us who've done it. You'll be paying your dues while learning a ton. If you get a job at a farely busy flight school, you'll be at 135 minimums in around a year. Having said that, there are jobs out there for people with about 500hrs or more. Flying jumpers, traffic watching, banner towing, etc. In order to get something like that though, you most likely gotta be willing to go somewhere besides northeast PA. Subscribe to some pilot job websites and you MIGHT find something if you're open minded. Hang in there. I remember what its like to be in those shoes. Your time will come.

Not sure how bad they need pilots for the summer, but if you get a tailwheel endorsement you might be able to get a job flying highly modified and WAY overpowered Cubs towing banners, probably get 500 hours flying from Memorial day thru Labor day, Matt is who you want to talk to.

Edit: don't know what the pay is now, I got $25. an hour about 6 years ago.

Aerial Sign Co Incorporated
(732) 730-3591
1900 Cedar Bridge Ave
Lakewood, NJ

Last edited:
Yeah no kiddin. My first flying job was towing gliders for 5 bucks a tow. I had to work third shift at a gas station just to survive.

Is there anything going on here, heck ya, I'm here..... ITS A FRIGGIN PARTY!

Be careful if you start hauling jumpers though; you won't be building any X/C time to meet those 135 mins. I've got a friend who's hurtin' right now for that reason. You'll need to continue to do some flying in your off-time if this is the route you go.

I'd say Way2Broke's suggestion is a good one... get your CFI-I/MEI if you have the money to pay for flying at this point. Like he said, you will definitely learn a lot. I was fortunate enough to find a decent job after I had only logged about 350 hours of dual given, which is almost unheard of. I was very lucky. There are people out there with thousands of hours of dual given...listen to what they have to say. But even in that short amount of time that I instructed I learned so much. Have fun with it and good luck. ;)

Latest resources

Back