Any SWA Interview Tips?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ScottyP

Anybody have interview tips for the second interivew? I am scheduled for May 21. Took 19 months for the call. How many LOR's is too many? Etc.???

Bring a bottle of WILD TURKEY. :beer:
I heard it worked for one guy, but that was back in the good ol days when Herb was around.
He actually had Herb come and thank him for the bottle a while later.

Anybody have interview tips for the second interivew? I am scheduled for May 21. Took 19 months for the call. How many LOR's is too many? Etc.???

On a slightly unrelated note.....why does it take so long to get the call for the second interview?

I've heard people with barely over the mins and a 737 type are getting interview invites, but lots of people with 737 types -and presumably now way more PIC turbine than the minimums- take much longer to get the second invite.

Thanks,

FCN

Be yourself. Unless , of course, nobody likes you then try to be somebody else.

Dont say ********************, ******************** or ***********************************. The People Department really hates the word ********************.

Be yourself and have fun. It was the best interview experience of my life! GREAT COMPANY...October is coming!:D

Be yourself and have fun. It was the best interview experience of my life! GREAT COMPANY...October is coming!:D
Everyone says that when they get the job. Be yourself, itll be fine, meanwhile, 3 interviews later........

Show up naked.

The best thing to do is try to remember how you performed in the last interview (I know it has been almost two years ago) and see if anything sticks out in your mind that might have been received by the interviewers with anything less than a smile and nodding in agreement.

If you had a question (or questions) that ignited follow-up questions, asking for more detail to the answer, then you need to reformulate those answers so you do not get follow-up questions.

I have had pilot clients who interviewed prepped with me after they had bombed on the first attempt. I found they were either telling stories that put them in a bad light or did not understand how to "work" the LOI. Each of these individuals were hired on the second attempt.

Just remember, you need to think like the interviewers. What would you want to hear? You want someone who shows great judgment, leadership, and team-playing ability. SWA has 12 core competencies they recruit for - in fact, their system is copyrighted and is used in all front-line positions.

Remember this - airlines interview First Officers, but they hire Captains.

As for the LORs, just make sure they are quality in nature. If any of your friends are "problem children," do not have them write LORs.

Good luck!

Don't be the guy/gals shaking everyone's hand you meet or pass in the hall and trying to get eveyone to notice how "nice" they are. MAke sure the interviewer knows it is your second interview. I did and they made it seem that they did not know it was my second. They said something like "oh, ok, well let me make a note here that it is your second interview" Like they look at you different. Remeber, one good thing is that you already know what to expect behind dorr number 2 or 3. You have been to the lunch line. You will be more at ease. Trust me I was there.

Latest resources

Back