Any status reports on S. FL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wrxpilot said:
I fly out of LNA, but I haven't made it down there yet. I'm still in Jupiter and it is a mess. I'm at work now, which is the only place around here that has power. Amazingly enough, we still have internet access. I haven't had a shower since Mon though. Thankfully its been unusually cool out since the storm.

Anyway, Palm Beach appch is back on the air, but all the airports took a huge beating. I know there is extensive damage at PMP, BCT, and LNA. I haven't personally seen them, but I saw some pics on my battery operated TV. PBI, FXE and FLL likely received very heavy damage as well, but I haven't seen how bad yet. A lot of people (including me) didn't think this storm would be as bad as it was, and I think a lot of people left their aircraft thinking we'd only see a tropical storm rather than a very strong Cat 2. From what I experienced, this storm was more powerful than the Cat 3 I went through last year.

Gkrangers, if there's anything I can do to help you with relief down at LNA let me know. Not sure if I can make that kind of a drive right now with the crazy gas situation, but I'd look into it. Thanks for any help.

Sam

I understand some 20 airplanes were flipped and heavily damaged at PMP. I have no heard anything of damage reports at FXE yet. I know that at OPF there was an hangar that caught fire and nobody was there to put it out. The business was destroyed. I also head of extensive damage at North Perry. I still don't know the status of my apartment there. But even if it was trashed, I'll recover.

gkrangers said:
Hope it wasn't highrise.

:rolleyes: No, but it was the top floor, a third floor "penthouse."

gkrangers said:
Whats the gas situation like in Jupiter ?

And if I make the flight, where should I park to offload the supplies? I've never been to LNA.

You can park over by the main FBO, which is on the south-central side of the airport. It's central to the taxiway connecting runways 03 and 33. There's never anybody to marshal you in, so just look for a place to park and tie it down. The gas is usually expensive there, so top off somewhere else if you can. BCT might be better.

The gas situation here in Jupiter is still kinda crazy. If you can find a gas station that works, there's been lines of 100s of cars.

wrxpilot said:
You can park over by the main FBO, which is on the south-central side of the airport. It's central to the taxiway connecting runways 03 and 33. There's never anybody to marshal you in, so just look for a place to park and tie it down. The gas is usually expensive there, so top off somewhere else if you can. BCT might be better.

The gas situation here in Jupiter is still kinda crazy. If you can find a gas station that works, there's been lines of 100s of cars.
Thanks.

BCT, PMP, etc are all closed.

LNA has no fuel avaliable.

The only other thing I can think of is going into PBI... I know they're open, but I don't know what their situation is with general aviation. Sure sounds like your options are slim though. Good luck and thanks either way for making an attempt to deliver stuff down here.

How did TMB and / or HWO?? I have friends who were based at both places, and haven't heard anything since Monday.

Latest resources

Back