Any status reports on S. FL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flew into X01 today..Everglades City.

Water came up pretty high, you can see where it deposited driftwood and stuff against the airport fences.

The hangar is totally destroyed, as well as the airplanes inside.

Talked to a retired airline guy, who had a 172...wrecked..but he was happy, cuz he's gonna order a Lancair 400. :D

Then we went to Marathon Key...really bad there. Water came up to 5 feet in the homes and buildings. Many restaraunts destroyed. FBO had 4-5 feet of water in it.

Still great service tho...they were really nice even with the problems. Bought fuel there.

I meant when these are coming in , with some notification maybe we could save some of them is all. I didn't mean after the fact

Hey all.

I'm in MCO on a trip right now, and I can report that FXE got hit pretty bad. Banyan made it through with minor damage, but every other FBO got nailed. We don't have power, but we have plenty of fuel. My apartment made it through ok, no damage, and I have water, but FPL is saying I might not get power until the 22nd of November. I'm glad it cooled down, cause I'd be getting the heck out of there if it was 85 and humid. I had my first hot shower in about a week today, and it sure felt good!!! The hot food and cold beer was pretty nice as well.

Groundpounder said:
I had my first hot shower in about a week today, and it sure felt good!!! The hot food and cold beer was pretty nice as well.

Thanks for the info! I hope you get pwr soon... We got pwr back on thurs (Jupiter). Glad to hear you made a temporary escape to the non-3rd world living conditions of MCO!!

Latest resources

Back