Any status reports on S. FL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CorpLearDriver said:
I understand some 20 airplanes were flipped and heavily damaged at PMP. I have no heard anything of damage reports at FXE yet. I know that at OPF there was an hangar that caught fire and nobody was there to put it out. The business was destroyed. I also head of extensive damage at North Perry. I still don't know the status of my apartment there. But even if it was trashed, I'll recover.

Let us know how you end up doing down with your apt. Good luck.

wrxpilot said:
Let us know how you end up doing down with your apt. Good luck.

Will do. Thanks for the well wishes.

I rode my bike down to BCT yesterday and it was thrashed. I saw what seemed to be an overturned C152 on one of the taxiways and there were some other damaged small aircraft. The hangars were thrashed also with a lot of heavy damaged. The hangar immediately to the north of Boca Aviation collapsed over what seemed to be two corporate jets and I saw a wing of what seemed like a yellow piper cub. I never knew there was so much open space around the aiport. I always limited my viewing area next to Boomers at the southwest end of the airport. Gonna be going there more often.

gkrangers said:
I'm going to fly down to MKY and X01 tomorrow.

Then probably over to the east coast.

Gkrangers,

If you need any help distributing goods PM me for my cell. I could meet you at F45, but anything further south would be difficult for me to drive to right now because of the gas situation. I'm sure you have your own plan going, so no big deal either way. If anybody else in the area requires help let me know. I was very lucky in the palm beach area, though I think my dad lost everything down in Ft. Lauderdale. I still can't get in touch with him. But I'd like to help somehow, and something aviation related would be awesome.

positiveg said:
I rode my bike down to BCT yesterday and it was thrashed. I saw what seemed to be an overturned C152 on one of the taxiways and there were some other damaged small aircraft. The hangars were thrashed also with a lot of heavy damaged. The hangar immediately to the north of Boca Aviation collapsed over what seemed to be two corporate jets and I saw a wing of what seemed like a yellow piper cub. I never knew there was so much open space around the aiport. I always limited my viewing area next to Boomers at the southwest end of the airport. Gonna be going there more often.

I saw a picture of the hangar crushing the Beech Jet and the Cessna Citation or CJ, can't tell, in the Sun-sentinel.com and I saw one earlier of a Challenger also in a crushed hangar at that paper's website or the Miami Heralds. Tomorrow is going to be a long day of anticipation and angst I think, as we get closer. Take care.

with all of the pilots on here andthe recentweather problems, maybe we can get a group to ferry aircraft to a safer location?

Yesterday I saw what seemed about 5-6 large mil helos flying in formation towards the south. Any idea what that could have been about?

positiveg said:
Yesterday I saw what seemed about 5-6 large mil helos flying in formation towards the south. Any idea what that could have been about?

Persident Bush was surveying the damage. He started at KMIA and flew in Marine One to Pompano Beach Airport and from there I don't know. I just read about it and saw pictures on Sun Sentinel's and Miami Herald's Sites.

Latest resources

Back