Any Skywest News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turbomax97

How did the VLOA's work out in terms of staffing? More specifically how is the EMB side looking? Still short?

...... Patiently waiting for a class date for 1+ year now

From what I have heard or read...looks like around 50 LOA have been approved and another 20 or so will soon be approved. That and with the addition of crj at risk flying that will soon be added (leaving very few if any rjs idle) I think we are safe until fall. We will have to see how the block hours look for over the winter... who knows. Latest word from mngmt is no furloughs are expected (takin with a grain of salt). As for new classes... That's going to be awhile, sorry man.

I don't have any numbers but the last 3 FO's I flew with are taking the LOA.
Dude,
I am not sure I would be proud of that, did you tell them about the bid avoid feature, LOA is kinda extreme, even for you.
PBR

MKE is losing another airplane. 418SW replaced 986CA which is getting United paint on it now. 418 leaves MKE in June or July. As far as I know, 986 was the only spare.

How did the VLOA's work out in terms of staffing? More specifically how is the EMB side looking? Still short?

...... Patiently waiting for a class date for 1+ year now

The training department estimates atleast 2 years now before there will be a new hire class.

Latest resources

Back