• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Reviews From Fellow Frac Pilots Using the QC15 w/UFlyMike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone else has a question, fire away.

Hey Mike,

Are you going to have any kind of re-furb program as the product ages? Mine still works great (I'm still on the original o-ring after two years) but I can see a time down the line where normal wear and tear might require a re-build.

The cord at the base of the mike assembly?

I use it in a CitationJet, and other jets for 2 years, and it works great. I did try it in the Pitts and not so good there.

Hey Mike,

Are you going to have any kind of re-furb program as the product ages? Mine still works great (I'm still on the original o-ring after two years) but I can see a time down the line where normal wear and tear might require a re-build.

We don't have a "refurb" program, as such, but everything on the UFM was designed to be replaced. The housing is machined aluminum, so that will last forever unless you run over it with the aircraft; the mic, cordset, interface plug and circuit board are all replaceable.

If yours ever needed anything, we'd just replace what was needed.

We replace the windsock on all repairs... there is a $100 HAZMAT charge to dispose of the old one, however.... :)

Mike

Gee whiz Mike. Customer service? In this day and age? Say it isn't so...

And I'm sure the HAZMAT charge will be going to $200 shortly with the bozos running the EPA these days ;-)

Gee whiz Mike. Customer service? In this day and age? Say it isn't so...

And I'm sure the HAZMAT charge will be going to $200 shortly with the bozos running the EPA these days ;-)

Amen on the bozos... remember, I've been up and close and personal with the FAA for two years getting this worthless TSO. The stories I could tell.

On the customer service, I'm a pilot providing fellow pilots with a product they like... I know how pilots are and how they get if they think they're being screwed. ... just remember... we're not happy unless you're not happy... :~]

Mike

Just talked to bose. No more "swap/ upgrade" program!

Something was loose/worn inside my QC2 - I think the jack was worn from plugging/unplugging the mic. I took it to my local Bose store and the guy gave me $150 toward a QC15. They WILL trade in if your QC2 is broken. The sales guy did confirm that they were NOT doing the trade unless the existing headset was broken. The new setup works great.

Well, got it swapped at a bose store, no problem. I did tell them it made weird noises on one side once in a while (it did). The qc15 is a major improvement over the 2! Better attenuation, better sound for music in the hotel room, and even more comfortable.

In my case, well worth the $150. I bought the first ones on flea bay for less than $100 a year ago.

Latest resources

Back