Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Regional Guys get a call from Delta yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
we would support putting the best pilots in the cockpit, not who knows who, who is an intern, or who is a minority...

I agree w/ you 100% and in a perfect world that is the way it would be. Any and all forms of preferential hiring should be removed and place all candidates on an even playing field. Unfortunantly this world is far from perfect.

I just want to say Ahh F^&* You mean they are interviewing already? I thought they were starting with the poolies who were sent home from class?

Joe,

Get over it. There is a valid reason for affirmative action.

This is obviously a lawyer driven abomination of that reason; but what's the point? Are you by virtue of the color of your skin having to sacrifice for sins committed on the ancestors of those who presently make themselves to be clearly undeserving of the blessings merely breathing the air of this nation's sweat deliver?

Perhaps.

But them's the breaks.

Just thank your maker not a single pure blooded Neanderthal is walking the earth searching for a sheepskin hanger willing to take the case which will make all homo sapiens responsible for proper reparations.

If we put the safety of our passengers first, then only the best pilots, having the skill sets required to safely operate the aircraft should be hired.

Joe,

Get over it. There is a valid reason for affirmative action.

This is obviously a lawyer driven abomination of that reason; but what's the point? Are you by virtue of the color of your skin having to sacrifice for sins committed on the ancestors of those who presently make themselves to be clearly undeserving of the blessings merely breathing the air of this nation's sweat deliver?

Perhaps.

But them's the breaks.

Just thank your maker not a single pure blooded Neanderthal is walking the earth searching for a sheepskin hanger willing to take the case which will make all homo sapiens responsible for proper reparations.

This is 2010, not 1950.

I just want to say Ahh F^&* You mean they are interviewing already? I thought they were starting with the poolies who were sent home from class?

Unfortunately, there is NO pool. All the poolies had to reapply and only a few have been called for an interview.

Other than the Compass/Mesaba guys has anyone else been called about an interview from Delta?
Why do you want to go to Delta? I thought you were the highest paid regional pilots at ASA? Oh, I guess you want to be able to move out of your parents basement.

The worst day at a Major is better than the best day at a regional. Yes, you may have to take a hit for the first year or two pay wise (starting pay is $52 an hour at DL I believe), and you might have to be on reserve for a year or two also. But, pay goes up fast at DL, and within 3 years pay is close to $100 an hour. Other things coming up---the Dalpa contract ends in 2012, and a lot of hiring projected supposedly.

Can you do it? Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Pay hit first couple of years, no thanks! I'll go to SWA and make more than a Delta captain in any airplane.
Yes, your contract is up in 2012 and wont be completed till 2030, and at that point you will agree to 2012 pay rates, and under cut the industry.

Can we/they do it? If you are able too, a half retarded drunken monkey could do it.

Latest resources

Back